Traverse Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
We Had the same issue in our 2010 AWD. It turned out to be a fairly easy and inexpensive fix. These vehicles and most of them on the road now are "fly by wire", in other words instead of having a cable or linkage connecting the pedal to the throttle plate on the engine there's a sensor on the pedal that tells the computer how much you're pushing it down and the computer tells an actuator on the throttle body how much to open up.

The problem with most of these that are having this issue is the actuator on the throttle body is going out. The throttle body and actuator are purchased as a unit and can be changed out with simple tools in less than a half hour. The new throttle body unit can be purchased for less than $150 at quite a few vendors.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sounds like a normal Chevy problem. My wife's 08 impala had the same issue. "Service traction control" "engine power reduced". Car ran sluggish. Swapped the pedal out and issue resolved.

Simple. Remove two bolts and unplug one plug. Reverse directions for install.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Traversty said:
I have a 2010 AWD Traverse with the same issues as in this post. My codes are p182e and p0700. Has anyone successfully gotten this fixed? Or am I looking at long battle that I will never win? :)
Are you planning to have this repaired yourself or are you hoping to work with the repair shop? If you're interested in working with the dealership we'd be more than happy to set that up for you. We want to ensure you have access to all the necessary resources to get this taken care of, and we feel the dealership is generally in the best position to technically assist. If you'd like to take this approach please send us a PM with your full contact information, VIN, mileage, and preferred dealership.

Thanks!
Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2009 Traverse and I have truly enjoyed it until the last few months. Starting in April my car will periodically simply not start. No attempt to start but not turn on, simply turn the key and...nothing! I have taken it in to the shop multiple times. Either it starts up just fine after I contact the garage (has happened multiple times) or will start if I leave it alone for about 30 minutes (has also happened multiple times). When I do take it to the garage it does not register any error codes so my mechanic has no idea where to start. It is not the battery (new in February), replaced the ignition switch (no change), and replaced the starter (no change.) It tends to work well daily for a couple of weeks and then "acts up" for a day. It finally left an engine light on for my mechanic and gave him at least 10 codes which led him to think it might be a problem with a junction box and may be connected to the traction control (which also periodically is a problem). I love my Traverse and was planning on buying a newer one this coming Spring but now I don't know. Anyone have similar issues?

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
susanrmg said:
I have a 2009 Traverse and I have truly enjoyed it until the last few months. Starting in April my car will periodically simply not start. No attempt to start but not turn on, simply turn the key and...nothing! I have taken it in to the shop multiple times. Either it starts up just fine after I contact the garage (has happened multiple times) or will start if I leave it alone for about 30 minutes (has also happened multiple times). When I do take it to the garage it does not register any error codes so my mechanic has no idea where to start. It is not the battery (new in February), replaced the ignition switch (no change), and replaced the starter (no change.) It tends to work well daily for a couple of weeks and then "acts up" for a day. It finally left an engine light on for my mechanic and gave him at least 10 codes which led him to think it might be a problem with a junction box and may be connected to the traction control (which also periodically is a problem). I love my Traverse and was planning on buying a newer one this coming Spring but now I don't know. Anyone have similar issues?
Hello susanrmg,

Even though I am happy to hear you love your Traverse, I'm very sorry you're experiencing this ongoing start up concern. It looks like you've been working with your mechanic to address this issue, but if you plan on visiting a certified Chevrolet dealership, I'd be happy to contact them on your behalf. If this is of interest to you, please send your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership in a private message.

Kind regards,

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
2011 2LT, 91,XXX miles. Got the dreaded indications early January 2017; cold weather. Cleaned the throttle body; it wasn't REAL bad, but it definitely had stuff in it. It's been two weeks now and no issues, but we're in the middle of the January thaw. Knocking on wood.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2012 traverse

Just recently purchased a used 2012 Traverse, after only having it for 2 weeks the Stabiltrack warning light comes on, the check engine light accompanies it and to add salt to the wound, the car is running like (crap) almost as if it were out of tune. After reading some of these posts, I am now worried about my purchasing this vehicle and and the safety concerns that go with it. I do hope it is something that is an easy fix and not a expensive and unreliable one. Going to contact the dealership to have them look at it.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Purchase it from a dealer? How many Miles? Service records accompany it? Stbilitrack messages are caused by several of things.
Could be bad wheel sensor.
Metal dust in the reluctor rings.
Loose connection.
Mass air flow sensor.
Dirty throttle body.
Faulty brake pedal position sensor.

As for it running terrible, at or near 100K miles, change the plugs with OEM plugs for a start. If it was done already, make sure they used OEM plugs. Check your throttle body and clean it with throttle body cleaner, as well as the MAF sensor with MAF cleaner. Check your air filter and check your oil level.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Make sure you check your engine oil level at every fill up
To make sure you do not go low on oil,
All gdi engines will consume oil
And if driven with low oil, timing chain system can fail.....
.... then major engine problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was going down the road in my 2012 Traverse 3.6 when all the sudden my kids and I about went flying due to the brakes grabbing so hard .suddenly after my traction control light come on and the check engine light flashing but has no codes stored on the code reader it went into limp mode I have no idea what it is but I'm concerned about me and my children's safety, we limped the car home now it sits until chevy resolves this problem

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I was going down the road in my 2012 Traverse 3.6 when all the sudden my kids and I about went flying due to the brakes grabbing so hard .suddenly after my traction control light come on and the check engine light flashing but has no codes stored on the code reader it went into limp mode I have no idea what it is but I'm concerned about me and my children's safety, we limped the car home now it sits until chevy resolves this problem
Bigt: If you're expecting someone from Chevy to reply, they haven't really been on this forum in several years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Today driving my check engine light came on said stablitrack reduced power. I will not being dealing with the dealership at all due to issues i had in the past with chevy/gm. Hope this isnt a major issue with this car. Will find a mechanic who will listen and want to help

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Today driving my check engine light came on said stablitrack reduced power. I will not being dealing with the dealership at all due to issues i had in the past with chevy/gm. Hope this isnt a major issue with this car. Will find a mechanic who will listen and want to help
If you are living in cold country and it's particularly cold today (8F where I'm at right now), first thing to do is clean your throttle body. Easy to do and seems to be the major cause of the stabilitrak message. See here:

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
I 2nd greentraverse.

·
Registered
2 Posts
FAILED piston rings!!!! I am going through **** with a 2012 Chevy Traverse I just bought used in October 2021...It has gone into the shop once before for a busted water pump, and now this in March since I bought it! It was showing the same problems with traction control, ABS, and the engine failing. After ongoing conversations with the mechanic and the extended warranty, they are refusing to pay for the failed piston rings that are the cause of the problem. I bought it with 106,000 mi so it is barely out of warranty, there is no official recall, and no service notices noting that this is due to a manufacturing issue. I called Chevy customer service and they want it to go to a GM dealer, but the engine is in pieces so I can't take it anywhere. I took it to where it is bc they were preferred by the extended warranty. I called our local GM service department and he stated they had to do the diagnostic to be able to tell me that this is an issue (despite me offering to take them whatever I could get from my mechanic, including pictures). So, no one wants to help take care of me with an issue I have no control over and I am about to be out a whole lot of money for a new engine. I am out a ton of labor cost as the extended warranty made them take pieces of the engine apart so they could see what they are considering "normal wear and tear" in order to not cover the issue. I am beyond frustrated that my family put our faith in Chevy, as our families have for generations, but I am done.

·
Registered
851 Posts
That is a huge problem with extended warranty companies. Check your policy and see exactly what your coverage is, then contact a good lawyer if there is a case. Otherwise the extended warranty is useless.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts