Traverse Forum banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got the same problem again. Hard shift into 2nd gear and then really reduced power. The CEL came on too. Had to limp to work about 10 miles. Have not had a chance to hook up the code reader yet. Time for the dealer to take a look. This is turning into a safety issue and there should be a warranty recall to fix this.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Throttle body replacement has taken care of the issue for us.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had the same issue happen to me last night..I have a 2012 LTZ the first nice vehicle my wife and I purchased..We purchased it as a certified pre-owned..We were driving home and all the sudden the service traction control light came on followed by flashing check engine reduced power hard down shift and service stabilitrak..this seems to be a very big issue!!! with not much resolve!! I am going to become the squeaky wheel.. Very disappointed with this GM/Chevrolet product

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had all of the issues below occur with my 2009 traverse. no warranty. my mechanic has resolved all but engine light. he believes this is due to timing chain stretch. this issue has been covered with arcadia models. I will be on my way to dealership with hopes that I will get help. I will post results.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I just had the same issue happen to me last night..I have a 2012 LTZ the first nice vehicle my wife and I purchased..We purchased it as a certified pre-owned..We were driving home and all the sudden the service traction control light came on followed by flashing check engine reduced power hard down shift and service stabilitrak..this seems to be a very big issue!!! with not much resolve!! I am going to become the squeaky wheel.. Very disappointed with this GM/Chevrolet product
Not to worry - ;) - GM head Mary Barra has just said GM's learned it lesson on the ignition switch issue (10 years to issue a recall) - Trust me!

Customer Service - Are you listening?????

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Hello all,

I apologize for the frustrations that have been caused due to any vehicle issues you may be experiencing. We would be happy to check for any open recalls by VIN. You are welcome to send us a private message at any time with this information. We are also happy to contact your dealership to notify them of concerns you may be experiencing. Thank you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Hello all,

I apologize for the frustrations that have been caused due to any vehicle issues you may be experiencing. We would be happy to check for any open recalls by VIN. You are welcome to send us a private message at any time with this information. We are also happy to contact your dealership to notify them of concerns you may be experiencing. Thank you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care
Sorry if I'm being/sounding nasty, but I'm implying, Jessica, that you customer service folks should be telling the powers-that-be at GM that this issue with the sudden service traction control light followed by flashing check engine followed by a reduced power hard down shift and service stabilitrak light sounds like another issue just as potentially deadly as the ignition switch issue (31 accidents and 13 people DEAD) and they'd better not let this one go for 10 years, if they've really "learned their lesson." Is Mary Barra even aware of this issue? I'd bet not. There's certainly enough examples of the issue on this forum, and I've never seen any of you CS folks say anything other than the quote above, which is apparently no help at all. Even if no recall is warranted, it seems that GM would have at least have provided a TSB or SOME info to the dealers on fixing the issue, under warranty or otherwise. But even that hasn't happened. There's a big difference between losing power on the interstate and an HVAC actuator not moving. Unfortunately, I suspect you're just another small fish in the GM sea, and you probably can't really do anything; and I suspect some folks on this forum will be all over me for getting your case. Oh, well. That's what life and death is all about, I guess. OK, I'm off my soapbox.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
greentraverse said:
Sorry if I'm being/sounding nasty, but I'm implying, Jessica, that you customer service folks should be telling the powers-that-be at GM that this issue with the sudden service traction control light followed by flashing check engine followed by a reduced power hard down shift and service stabilitrak light sounds like another issue just as potentially deadly as the ignition switch issue (31 accidents and 13 people DEAD) and they'd better not let this one go for 10 years, if they've really "learned their lesson." Is Mary Barra even aware of this issue? I'd bet not. There's certainly enough examples of the issue on this forum, and I've never seen any of you CS folks say anything other than the quote above, which is apparently no help at all. Even if no recall is warranted, it seems that GM would have at least have provided a TSB or SOME info to the dealers on fixing the issue, under warranty or otherwise. But even that hasn't happened. There's a big difference between losing power on the interstate and an HVAC actuator not moving. Unfortunately, I suspect you're just another small fish in the GM sea, and you probably can't really do anything; and I suspect some folks on this forum will be all over me for getting your case. Oh, well. That's what life and death is all about, I guess. OK, I'm off my soapbox.
Greentraverse, your points and concerns are valid. CCS online could and should report ongoing, identical complaints / incidents, as we read them in this forum, to the powers-that-be, for these issues are not only common, but also dangerous and life threatening. BIG RED FLAG, CCS !

From my recent personal experience with CCS, I would direct owners, with issues, to the 800 number.

After 2 weeks of ongoing, non productive emails with an online social media CCS rep., my issue was quickly solved, but the solution was achieved through the 800 number and my servicing dealer.

FYI, I am still waiting to hear from a social media CCS supervisor.

·
Registered
254 Posts
greentraverse said:
Interesting article, But apparently GM hasn't learned anything or more likely doesn't want to do anything about the repeated "limp mode" incidents. It worries, me that these are happening more and more frequent, across all the years for the Traverses with no response at all from GM. Apparently, what they HAVE learned, is to wait until you get around 13 deaths, then maybe something will be done. What it's going to take, is a shyster lawyer to start a group lawsuit to get them off their duff to resolve the problem. I haven't encountered the problem yet, but if/when I do, provided me and family survive, I will be writing letters to my Congressman, and the local media, on how we survived a known and serious GM flaw that GM knows about and continues to ignore. I still love my Traverse, but rapidly falling out of love for it's builder. Also apparent is who ever has the logon for the day from so called Chevrolet Customer service, is just playing us that they are listening and passing on concerns. I think the only one that really cared somewhat was Michelle, when she was here. Buy American? Maybe so, buy GM, I think we'll really have to evaluate that in the future,,,,
:banghead:

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
lately- Ive gotten a good 5 letters in the mail from ambulance chasing lawyers/law firms.
to contact them....

pffffttt...

·
Registered
254 Posts
rbarrios said:
lately- Ive gotten a good 5 letters in the mail from ambulance chasing lawyers/law firms.
to contact them....

pffffttt...
I hear you Roberto and agree whole heartily, when one of the shyster lawyer commercials comes on either the TV or radio, I immediately switch. In NYS haven't gotten any letters like that, they are too busy suing the drug manufactuers for every drug side effect, or even better are going after food manufactuers for high fructose corn syrup addtions?? The point I was trying to make, is that something like a crooked lawsuit is probably the only way, other than the NTSB finally getting on board, to get GM's attention. Safety concerns are not their top priority until enough people are injured or killed, then they forced into action. But, enough of this discussion, nothing will come of it, until there is action from the government........

·
Registered
3,232 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Hi greentraverse,

We appreciate the feedback. We document all concerns in a database that is visible by all departments so we do want to assure you that your feedback is reviewed. We also encourage our customers to contact the customer care department so we can work with them on an individual basis to determine the needs of the vehicle. Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

greentraverse said:

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Hi bobg1951chevy,

We apologize for any frustrations that may have been caused. Which e-mail address have you been writing to? Please private message us at any time with further information on your case so we may properly address your concerns. Thank you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

bobg1951chevy said:
Greentraverse, your points and concerns are valid. CCS online could and should report ongoing, identical complaints / incidents, as we read them in this forum, to the powers-that-be, for these issues are not only common, but also dangerous and life threatening. BIG RED FLAG, CCS !

From my recent personal experience with CCS, I would direct owners, with issues, to the 800 number.

After 2 weeks of ongoing, non productive emails with an online social media CCS rep., my issue was quickly solved, but the solution was achieved through the 800 number and my servicing dealer.

FYI, I am still waiting to hear from a social media CCS supervisor.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Hi greentraverse,

We appreciate the feedback. We document all concerns in a database that is visible by all departments so we do want to assure you that your feedback is reviewed. We also encourage our customers to contact the customer care department so we can work with them on an individual basis to determine the needs of the vehicle. Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care
Jessica:

I haven't had any problems with this - YET. I'm hoping I don't. But I'm concerned that if I do, either it'll be too late (my wife and/or I will be dead) or if I'm still around to have it fixed, GM won't cover it.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Hi greentraverse,

I understand the concern, and we are always happy to assist. Please keep us posted and feel free to send us a private message at any time.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

greentraverse said:
Jessica:

I haven't had any problems with this - YET. I'm hoping I don't. But I'm concerned that if I do, either it'll be too late (my wife and/or I will be dead) or if I'm still around to have it fixed, GM won't cover it.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts