Traverse Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you rewind to relisten to a song you heard like 10mins after turning on the radio? we can do this with our XM that we have in the barn

G

·
I'm not sure that question has been brought up before; I do know that the portable XM units have some functionality that is not on installed XM systems. If you figure out or get an answer; let us know. I am not aware of any kind of rewind feature for the installed XM systems in our Lambda's.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have a friend with an aftermarket Sirius radio in his truck that will do that. I do not believe any factory GM XM radio has that feature, but I would sure use it and like it if it were available. The other thing that would be handy would be "on demand" programming like cable TV has. I solve that shortcoming by using audio books and iPod.

At some point, though, one still has to pay at least a little attention to driving. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I know that the new Cadillac SRX has a feature which records (I think) 30 minutes of radio for play back. Along with being able to pause and start it again.

I believe that is just on their Nav units, which are also used in the Chevy and GMC new 5 seaters.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'd be interested in adding that feature if possible. I'm gonna check ANC see what's different about Cadillac's Nav-radio compared to Chevy's as it applies to this function.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The 2010 Buick Lacrosse audio system has this feature because it is equipped with a hard drive. It lets you pause and play back live radio similar to a TV DVR box.

CT

check it out in this commercial on youtube.

youtube.com/watch?v=7XTukRangB0

·
Registered
312 Posts
C Traz - You're right, that's where I saw the feature. I had forgotten.

My wife and I test drove the LaCrosse and saw an Enclave and got interested in that and ultimately bought a Traverse from the same dealer who sells Buick, Chevy, GMC, and Cadillac. (They used to sell Pontiac, too, at the same dealership.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts