Traverse Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got an email that says from today to June 7. XM has been turned back on in my vehicle.
I let it expire past the new car time of 3 months (I have Sirius).

But in case others let it expire-- maybe theyve turned yours on too?

·
Registered
11,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vehicle is currently 2 parking levels down... no signal.

·
Registered
11,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nbat said:
If that 7.5 hits would that be 6 levels down or 4 levels up???
???

·
Registered
312 Posts
rbarrios - Do you think you'll ever turn it back on and leave it on? Even temporarily? Like maybe while you're on vacation?

OnStar is one of the reasons I drive GM cars. To me, there was no question about continuing the service.

As for satellite radio, I've had XM in 3 cars for over 5 years, so that's a keeper also.

·
Registered
11,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I currently have Sirius.. I have the portable unit in my Traverse/
So no need to make any changes.

I just verified... I can tune into the XM stations.

·
Registered
417 Posts
From my experience, the XM service folks make SO MANY mistakes, anything could happen. If it's to your advantage, flow with it. :thumb:

·
Registered
11,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I received email that they would turn it on....

·
Registered
69 Posts
I received something in the mail that it would be turned on for a limited time. I can't remember the dates. They randomly did it in my 04 Silverado too. Its just a promotional thing. They want to show you what you are missing.

·
Registered
80 Posts
noticed mine was turned on as well, but very limited channels.

·
Registered
11,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think its 50 channels theyre offering..for the 2 weeks.
I also received snail mail about it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine is on too, but also with limited channels. They don't even have Alt Nation or Octane active. We both have portable units for our cars so that we can use them in the office or the house too (and I call every year and negotiate a $77 a year rate for each radio, although it sounds like I might be better off calling every 5 months.).

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Drove my wife's 04 Buick Rendezvous today which hasn't had XM enabled since the first year she bought it new. Only because of the posts here on this forum did I even switch over to XM to see, and sure enough the limited channels were on!

Thanks, guys and gals, I'll get to listen to some different music next week when I drive her Buick from Dallas up to Cleveland next week since someone mentions the trial period is until June 7. Our son is buying the Buick, and her new Traverse is sitting in the garage as of this morning!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Since I have a lifetime Sirius subscription on one of the cars, I get an add-no Sirius subscription for 6 or so dollars per month on each additional radio, including the one in my house. When my 3 month free XM subscription was getting close to expiring, I called XM and since they are the same company, asked to add the Traverse radio as an extra to my lifetime Sirius subscription. NO WAY, same company, different billing. I decided to get a Sirius module for the Traverse and add it on to the plan. Finally got a straight answer about the traffic guidance on my nav system; it comes only from XM. Not only would I have to keep XM but have the premium package to get the traffic guidance on top of the Sirius. Forget Sirius. Signed on the XM with premium package to get NASCAR and traffic. Told the operator it was too expensive and got a much better deal after 5 minutes. If any of you are thinking about the switch to Sirius and want the traffic guidance, doesn't work.

Ray
2010 Travelers Ed AWD
3rd row lights
nav
trailer package

·
Registered
23 Posts
I did the lifetime subscription to Sirius back in 2003. I did it on a portable unit which still works great even though they now have much smaller and better looking radios available. I can switch my subscription to one of them but I will wait until the Orbiter model craps the bed. I also bought my three brothers and father Sirus radios (portables) for X-mas one year that came with a free 6 month subscription. Sirius often times has free weeks but you have to check the website to see when they will offer it. I do get peeved when they update the channels and I have to hunt for my favorites though cause the numbers changed.

·
Registered
11,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If im not mistaken--- the LIFETIME subscription- applies to the lifetime of the radio. (not users lifetime).
So if your radio dies--- so does your subscription.

I had one of my portable units- do an update- the ones they push thru----- and the radio crapped out.
I searched online- and it seems the updates they do-- pretty much make the radio obsolete.... (something like that).

Had to buy a new-- well a newer model Refurbished unit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts