Traverse Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone renewed their XM contract? If so, has there been any good deals from GM?

Bob

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I just renewed with XM directly. They offered me a three month extension then I had to just went on their yearly plan. Of course thanks to this stupid HST here in Ontario XM used it as an excuse to raise their rates some. Just like everyone else did...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Apparently there is a deal out there for $77 a year... just google xm promo, and you get a lot of those coupon code sites or places that tell you what to ask for.

I'm torn about renewing... This is the first time I've had XM, and I really like it and keep thinking that I want to renew, but at the same time, I can use pandora on my phone and just plug it into the aux in. I don't know...

·
Registered
312 Posts
I've had XM for years in other vehicles and will renew when the time comes. I trust and hope to find some sort of deal, but as I already have an account, this may figure in as well.

G

·
Awhile back, there was a key word that would get you a $77 deal, but it seems that if you ask and then don't get it, you get transferred to customer loyalty and they usually get you the $88 deal with an $11 royalty fee..............just press them to drop the $11

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just call two weeks ago to renew mine and I told them about people on the fourm getting it for $77 and the gave that to me because I knew of it. But in Maryland there are some other fees that boosted that price up some. Their prices are lock in due to there is no competition in this market so this must be the way they are getting more money. I feel they will give you any kind a deal just to get a credit card numbers they can charged on your renewal later when your deal ends. I took this 1 year deal and then the 3 year discount after that so I'm set for 4 years.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is a 5 mo offer for $20.00 for radios which are de-active. Yo ucan add streaming, but NOT best of XM.

Dave

·
Registered
54 Posts
When I renewed my XM Radio in April 2010 they were offering a life time package for $500.00. :thumb:

G

·
68freek said:
When I renewed my XM Radio in April 2010 they were offering a life time package for $500.00. :thumb:
Do you know if the life time service is transferable or is it tied to the particular radio ID?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
68freek said:
That arrangement may work well for your lifetime, but, certainly, not for my lifetime.

Bob

·
Registered
54 Posts
mine just expired, and I didn't renew it, but XM Canada offered me $79.96(+taxes and other fees) for the year, with the regular price quoted as $164.89

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
XM Radio just called me about 30 mins ago. $3.99/mnth. This is for Canada. I said "no thanks." They guy on the phone thought I was nuts for not renewing. Oh well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Renewed my subscription today. She started out at the 12?.00 rate. I said I'd really like the 77 dollar rate. She says "please hold". Comes back and says "We'll be renewing your account and the $77.00 rate that with fees is $88.00. Is there anything else we can do for you?" Was really tough to negotiate the rate down.

·
Registered
208 Posts
There was an article on CNBC, that they are loosing more subscribers a year then they are getting. So the 77 should be a no brainier for them.

I just purchased my Traverse in January so I have until March, but they sent me a 6 month for $25. I'll take that and then ask for the $77.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I just told them I was cancelling after my 3 months free was up and they gave me another 3 months free. I'm still planning on cancelling when that is up (end of March), but if they want to make me an offer I can't refuse I'll keep the subscription going. It seems to help for leverage with XM (and Onstar) is that they don't have your CC# on file. They just automatically renew you otherwise.

·
Registered
865 Posts
rival22 said:
Apparently there is a deal out there for $77 a year... just google xm promo, and you get a lot of those coupon code sites or places that tell you what to ask for.

I'm torn about renewing... This is the first time I've had XM, and I really like it and keep thinking that I want to renew, but at the same time, I can use pandora on my phone and just plug it into the aux in. I don't know...
We got XM for this deal about two months after our trial period ended. Just over $6 a month is pretty cheap in my book.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Well I think I cheated the system as I called to add the best of sirius for my trail period and the gal goes to me I see your on a promo for 24 months free I was like ok so I got two years free with the best of sirius. I guess when the cars are shipped to gm they are active for two years so I got to them before the dealer did.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Funny thing is GM gets 3 months on most vehicles, and Ford owners are getting 6 months.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I personally feel that XM should be free. The waves are coming down from the satelites anyways, and all they are doing is allowing access from your radio to hear them. Quite honestly, I'm very surprised that there isn't a way to get this for free yet, by some means of computer program or something. You know, like satelite TV was with those credit card type access cards about 10 years ago. I don't see how this would be hard to do for someone in that field. Not that I'm promoting it, I'm just saying.

I never listened to XM anywas when we had the free trial, but the wife did I think.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Back in early March, I called and renewed the XM subscription in my Acura. I told the rep that I received an email with promo code XM-PVK13HJU ($77 + tax for a year) and they accepted it. I have no idea if that code is still valid, but it's worth a try. From what I've read, you need to have an existing account, and then tell them that you received a brochure or email with this special offer and they'll usually give it to you after you verify the code.

Weasel, I believe satellite tv and satellite radio authentication works a little differently. Mainly because there's no access card for XM receivers like there is for satellite tv receivers, it's all built into the XM receiver, so it's not as simple as just popping in a hacked access card. Even if there was a way to "hack" an XM receiver, you're talking about cracking it open and somehow modifying the hardware/firmware. If the cost for satellite radio was as crazy as satellite tv, there would probably be people out there looking for a way to do this, but I don't think it's worth the time/hassle.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts