Traverse Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I would love to see all three replaced but I don't think that will happen. I've been tracking where I have dropouts and time of day (seemed to be worse at night) to give to the dealer. I've never had any problems when the car was at the dealership.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I've had no problems with reception for the past several days now. My appointment has been moved to Thursday but now I'm wondering if I will have anything to show the dealer outside of the 3 pages of notes I've kept on the problem.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I went and talked to the dealer service department today and I still haven't had any more dropouts. I've cancelled my appointment for tomorrow and will wait till the problem reoccurs. I can't explain what happened. The audio dropouts were absolutely horrible at times and now they have been perfect for 4 days. One place where I could always get it to fail at the beginning of 2019 worked perfectly tonight. We will see what happens.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Problems started back up 5 days ago and I'm documenting things again. Today I added extension cables (FAKRA male to female) to each end of the antenna connector and put the connector where I join the extension cables on hte side of the cargo area. This way I don't have to pull down the headliner to change the connector for now. I also have the portable antenna on the roof and run down to the same part of the cargo area. It will be easy to change back/forth between the stock and the portable antenna assuming I can safely stop where I encounter drops. Maybe I can build up more ammunition for the dealer this way.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
The problem is my antenna. I had issues at two locations where I stopped today. I connected the portable antenna and the problems cleared and to make sure, I reconnected the shark fin antenna. The problems came back until I reconnected the portable antenna. I am going to talk to the dealer before I make another appointment.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts