Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a rear console out of an LTZ. The wife's Traverse has one and I am looking for one for mine. Unfortunately, you can't buy one from the dealer.

·
Registered
64 Posts
does anyone know if you put this in between the seats, do the armrests interfere? On the LTZ models that come equipped with the console, they don't have aremrests on the seats.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
cmarcho said:
does anyone know if you put this in between the seats, do the armrests interfere? On the LTZ models that come equipped with the console, they don't have aremrests on the seats.
From what I understand it does.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sailfish said:
From what I understand it does.
Because I'm looking at an LTZ and it doesn't have the rear console, but the dealer was going to order it for me. Since it doesn't come with the console, the seats have armrests in the back. If it's going to interfere then I don't know what would be best.... I'll let them order it and install it, and let them deal with making it right.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
cmarcho said:
Because I'm looking at an LTZ and it doesn't have the rear console, but the dealer was going to order it for me. Since it doesn't come with the console, the seats have armrests in the back. If it's going to interfere then I don't know what would be best.... I'll let them order it and install it, and let them deal with making it right.
They should know that it won't fit with the armrests on the seats. They will need to either "recover" the seat backs when they remove the arm rests or order you a pair of new bucket seats. DO NOT let them just remove the arm rests. DO NOT let them install the console and then tell you after the fact "oops sorry but they won't work".

You have to make it clear that if the console does not fit it is their problem not yours and they will need to take the console back and refund your money. Otherwise you are going to be stuck with a console you cannot use.

There are threads on each of the forums here discussing this issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts