Traverse Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at buying new vehicle and narrowed it down to Traverse and Acadia. Like the looks of Acadia a little better but the Traverse is more reasonably priced and probably more practical for me. Was wondering how many Traverse owners would buy theirs again if they had a second chance to buy another vehicle. Thanks for your responses.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Depending on the price I would move up to the Acadia. Over all I like the looks of it better. I think the rear of the Traverse is its weak area. The problem with GMC, at least where I live is few dealers and no selection. I would probably drop a few things (sun roof) to try to get the price down. Overall I like the vehicle(s).

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I would DEFINITELY do it again. I personally don't care much for the looks of the Acadia. I don't mind the rear, but the front is what I don't like.

Also, I figure the Chevrolet brand is going to stick around. If GM runs into more trouble, I can still see the GMC line disappearing. That is just MY opinion though.

I also figured I would get more bang for my buck buy the Chevrolet over the GMC.

Is the Acadia redesign going to happen before a Traverse redesign? That might be worth knowing as well.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
Id buy one again.
Id do it all the same.
Look for info- and then order what I wanted.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah for sure I would buy one again! In fact GM got a contest to win a car 5 different ones Traverse being one I picked a Traverse and if I would win then I would have two. Just kidding I'd sell my 2009 but it's one of the best cars I have owned and I have owned many.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Quantum said:
I would DEFINITELY do it again. I personally don't care much for the looks of the Acadia. I don't mind the rear, but the front is what I don't like.
QFT and second that emotion - My favorite-looking of these is the Enclave, but it's not worth the premium price - the Traverse looks the closest to it, and as an added bonus I can afford to gas it up occasionally with the money I saved :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would have to say "no". I actually love the layout of the vehicle itself, but am getting sick of the little problems starting to arise. First of all, reverse quit working at 19000 miles. I did not consider this a "little" problem. All forward gears worked fine, just no reverse. I was in a rental for a week due to "low parts availability". Next the lumbar quit working on the driver's side. Now we happen to be on vacation and the keys are stuck in the ignition with no way to roll the ignition switch to the full "off" position. It stays in "acc" mode. Along with this issue, "Service traction control" is flashing on the dash. The vehicle is not even a year old. I am a diehard GM fan (although issues like these sure make it hard) but I cannot recommend this vehicle to anyone. I am on the computer now trying to see if any others were having the same key problem and it does not take long to see it is very common. Problem is that the repairs that were performed, some in a futile attempt, have been very inconsistent.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was able to negotiate a much better price for the Traverse than an Acadia. The Traverse is better equipped in the lower trims than Acadia. For example, you get the driver information center in the LT1 at $32,000, but you need the SLT1 for 38,000 before you get that in the Acadia.

I do agree that the Traverse has had lots of little problems for us. We are still working through some of them. Our Envoy we replaced was never in the shop once. The Traverse has been in for the retention clip for the floor mat getting loose and falling into the floor, the drivers seat back being loose (would move on acceleration and braking), and the HVAC actuators being slow to change between hot and cold. Now the fan for the HVAC is speeding up and slowing down constantly. I still think it's a nice car, but I kind of wondered if we should have just kept the Envoy XL. The gas mileage sucked, but it was a nice, trouble free car.

·
Registered
407 Posts
lookin4new1 said:
Looking at buying new vehicle and narrowed it down to Traverse and Acadia. Like the looks of Acadia a little better but the Traverse is more reasonably priced and probably more practical for me. Was wondering how many Traverse owners would buy theirs again if they had a second chance to buy another vehicle. Thanks for your responses.
Keep in mind you are going to pull everyone out of the woodwork who's had problems with this thread. Take it for what it's worth, the majority of Traverses (and other Lambdas) are problem free, but on forums....you will see it skewed because once someone has a problem, they post it....then having a thread like this will compound the negative posts all in one place. True, things can happen, but you will not get a fair measure I'm afraid. (but so far there's more positive then negative, so perhaps you may get a good number of good comments here)

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
emg77 said:
Now the fan for the HVAC is speeding up and slowing down constantly.
I am starting to think that this is normal operation. I have noticed that as I get to slower speeds, the HVAC seems to switch to RECIRC mode. I'm not sure why this happens, maybe to increase cooling capacity when you are stationary? My fan speed does not change, only the "sound" changes. Basically the air pressure in the cabin is changing, or the A/C is going into RECIRC mode. I have the vents pointed at my face quite a bit, so I would really notice if the fan speed changed.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Superboy95 said:
QFT and second that emotion - My favorite-looking of these is the Enclave, but it's not worth the premium price - the Traverse looks the closest to it, and as an added bonus I can afford to gas it up occasionally with the money I saved :)
Thought I'd research this a bit. For 2011 (using Chevy website for the Traverse, and Edmunds.com for the Enclave (since Buick's site is not up yet), it appears that a CX Enclave equipped similar to a LT2 Traverse, will be a couple grand more...not a ton in my opinion, but if that equals "premium price" in your book, than so be it. I think most people look at the average Enclaves on the lots, which are almost always CXL's loaded up in the mid $40K's, but the Enclave starts at $35,615 and that gets you most the equipment of a LT2 Traverse, if you are comparing the same equipment. Of course, an LS Traverse....much lower, but if you compare apples to apples equipment, it's not that much more. You can always split the difference ant go with the Acadia, which will fall somewhere in the middle. Funny thing is, my 09 Enclave stickered for less than a 2011 LT2 Traverse equipped the same as mine, so....for me, I don't see a savings at all with the Traverse.

(nice to hear you like the Enclave's looks the best though)

·
Registered
66 Posts
09Enclave said:
Of course, an LS Traverse....much lower
You got me ;) - I'm not concerned about a lot of the luxury items for the vehicle we tote our three kids around in - it looks and runs better expected, has good mileage and room/comfort for the things we need - the LS, with a few after market items thrown in to make up for things missing in that trim level, was the perfect vehicle for us.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts