Traverse Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use my Traverse as a toad, pulling behind my motor home. It is a hassle to pull the 50 amp Batt1 fuse. I replaced the original with a longer fuse from the local auto parts. This made pulling the fuse easier, but it still can be a dirty job and is a bit of a hassle. Recently I eliminated the fuse by installing a 50 amp marine circuit breaker into the top of the fuse box. I used silicone between the breaker and the fuse box lid to maintain a seal. I made up two short (about 6") 10 gauge wires by crimping a ring connector on one end and a female spade connector on the other end. I then merely attached the ring connectors to the circuit breaker terminals on the inside of the lid and plugged the spade connectors into the male connectors where the fuse had been. The wires are long enough to allow me to open the lid for other fuse access and short enough to minimize any voltage drop. Now to tow, I open the hood and push the red button to open the circuit. After towing, to drive the vehicle, I merely open the hood and reset the breaker with the yellow toggle switch.

The hard part was finding the breaker. This is the link to the source that I used, http://www.wiringproducts.com/contents/en-us/d262.html

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks for the info. We have just bought a new Class A and, if we decide we want to use the Traverse as a toad, I shall certainly look into doing the mod you describe. Thanks again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts