Traverse Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a little peeved right now. I was under the impression that the 2021 Traverse LT3 with premium sound had wireless apple car play. Am I mistaken in this? Is it something I need to take up with the dealer and have them program? Any input would be welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just checked on my 2021 Traverse Premiere and it does not have wireless CarPlay. If you press the Carplay button on the infotainment screen, it says "Connect Apple CarPlay Phone to USB. Plug in supported phone to launch Apple CarPlay." To be fair, even though some online videos give the indication of wireless CarPlay, the 2021 manual doesn't mention it (see page 164). I guess we can hope that we'll get it later with a firmware update.

P.S. -When I was shopping around, some online videos also show a more modern dash with a large center screen that includes the speedometer. But in reality, that didn't happen either, at least for the Traverse. it looks the GMC Acadia got it though:

·
Registered
542 Posts
^^^
Yeah that's the refresh, which was supposed to be for 2021 but then was pushed back to a 2022 model year because of COVID.

No wireless CarPlay for 2021 or earlier, and a "firmware update" won't add it either

·
Registered
9 Posts
Any luck trying to connect CPLAY2AIR to a 2gen Traverse? Anyone?
I have tried it but only connects when I plug the iPhone on the dongle USB port. Then I can disconnect the phone and it remains connected but as soon I turn off the car it will never reconnect back again.
I will appreciate others experience

Many thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any luck trying to connect CPLAY2AIR to a 2gen Traverse? Anyone?
I have tried it but only connects when I plug the iPhone on the dongle USB port. Then I can disconnect the phone and it remains connected but as soon I turn off the car it will never reconnect back again.
I will appreciate others experience

Many thanks
Does anyone know if you can use other USB ports in a 2020 Traverse for a wireless adapter. Or are you restricted to one of the two ports under the infotainment center? Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts