Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day we took in the Traverse to get some work done oil change, etc. It also needed a new rear wiper blade but they didnt have it so we had to order it. When it finally did come in, my dad sent my mom and I to go pick up the wiper. When we went in to pick it up we just got it and walked right out. My question is are wipers covered under warranty or did we have to pay for it? :eek: I want to know because we are afraid to go back and them call the cops because we didnt pay for the wiper! ???

·
Registered
11,430 Posts
just call them and ask- tell them you walked out thinking it was warranty item- but your dad asked if you paid for it- and want to make sure it was a warranty item.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Wipers are not a warranty item, they're a 'wear' item much like brake pads. They're expected to wear out as a consequence of using them. So I would suspect you're supposed to pay for the wiper. Unless the wiper wore out after only a couple of months use, then I'd have a bone to pick with someone about it being covered by B2B warranty.

Now if your dealership has great customer service skills, maybe they've just given you the wiper as a courtesy (perhaps for it not being in stock and you having to do the return trip to obtain it).

You didn't hear "SECURITY TO THE FRONT DESK PLEASE... SECURITY" on their PA system as you were leaving did you? >:D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I did not hear them ask for security. But they haven't called back. Maybe they are trying to get our bussiness back because we didn't buy the traverse from them because they were being jerks.

Or maybe they replaced it under warranty because it wasn't that that the wiper wasn't cleaning right. The wiper just fell apart. The wiper blade came apart from the wiper blade thing assebly. Like it unglued. I don't know how to explain it. It was only like 7 months old.

·
Registered
73 Posts
bigtallvandy said:
Complete and utter failure of the wiper blade in a new vehicle... yah, warranty! :blob:
I would agree unless you live in a very dry area. In a normal year here in Amarillo, I will go through a set of wipers in a year as they don't get used enough. For the back wiper that get's used even less than the front, they might just wear out quicker.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
angelca1993 said:
No I did not hear them ask for security. But they haven't called back. Maybe they are trying to get our bussiness back because we didn't buy the traverse from them because they were being jerks.

Or maybe they replaced it under warranty because it wasn't that that the wiper wasn't cleaning right. The wiper just fell apart. The wiper blade came apart from the wiper blade thing assebly. Like it unglued. I don't know how to explain it. It was only like 7 months old.
If the wiper was simply not cleaning properly, I would think it would be a "customer pay" item. If the wiper was defective ( fell apart ) .... warranty would cover the replacement.

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts