Traverse Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way to work this morning, my rear passenger window went down by itself. Didn't go up till 30 min. later on the freeway. Anybody experience the same and what is it?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Has it rained recently? You may have water in the door jam connectors. Separate the connectors and see if any water comes out, if so, dry them out, clean contacts if corroded and use dielectric grease in the connections. Do both the drivers door and the rear door on which it happened.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello. Yes, I had this problem. See previous posts. After months of turning off/on the car to get the window up and placing a penny underneath the switch to avoid the window being let down accidentally, I watched a YouTube video that showed me how to install a new main switch on the driver side. I purchased the part on Rock Auto ($54) and installed it myself. Works great. No problems with the window since. Other problems with the car? Too numerous to mention here.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
What year is your Traverse?

·
Registered
621 Posts
So if it goes down due to a faulty switch, I assume that the motor overheats then resets and that is the reason that it will not go back up for 30 minutes, makes sense.

·
Registered
3 Posts
On my way to work this morning, my rear passenger window went down by itself. Didn't go up till 30 min. later on the freeway. Anybody experience the same and what is it?
[/QUOT
I've had the same problem. My window goes down by itself and will not come back up. It did come up one time but the problem happened again and now it will not go up again.It seems like the switch is stuck closed or there is a short in the wiring. Was there a resolution found to this problem?

·
Registered
621 Posts
If you override the rear window controls so that they cannot control them from the rear seats, does it go down by itself? If not, then the problem lies in the drivers door switch. Take apart the driver switches and clean them or replace them.
A lot of newbies don't come back to tell us if their problem was resolved either with our suggestions or a different solution. A lot of our suggestions are based on other members experiences and input.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Window problem hasnt happened again since. I did wash the car the night before, maybe the prob. I never took apart anything to see if water was the culprit. Other problems with my Traverse have come since. Busy with those. Thank you to everyone that has responded.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same problem about a month ago. It happened twice. It also hasn't happened again since then. I also did nothing as I was waiting for it to happen again before taking things apart.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Usually the drivers switch, but if you have kids back there a lot, the rear may act up as well.
You can lock out the rear window control from the drivers door right? If you do this and it still happens then it is the front. You can usually take it apart and clean it, someone did post pictures on this on at least one of the forums, traverse, enclave, acadia, saturn outlook. Search the forums, with window switch or something like that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts