Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why would my dads 09' lt2 traverse have windows etched with his vin number and my 09 lt1 not have it. i don't recall it on the brochures

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i looked over their paper work and didn't see a charge for it. it is on all windows.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
This is a dealer add on....
Not factory....
Some dealers will etch the windows.... for a fee.
For example- they will sell you this etching as a theft deterrent and charge you $300 (example).... yet it only costs them pennies on the dollar to do.
My sister bought a car- It was a traded from another dealer... the windows were etched... but she was not charged for this......

·
Registered
417 Posts
Would it be possible to post a picture of this etching? I'm just curious, I think it could easily be done with either a dremel tool, or with templates and chemicals. Probably for dirt cheap too.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Why on earth bother with this false sense of security when we have the real security of OnStar stolen vehicle tracking?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
MartinC said:
Why on earth bother with this false sense of security when we have the real security of OnStar stolen vehicle tracking?
I agree with your question.

Bob

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Narg said:
Would it be possible to post a picture of this etching? I'm just curious, I think it could easily be done with either a dremel tool, or with templates and chemicals. Probably for dirt cheap too.
i'll try it is small and hard to see. have to have lighting just right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts