Traverse Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! For her birthday my wife wants be to replace all the chrome on her 19 traverse lt with black. Looking for any pointers, tips, links or opinions on the best way for me to get this done at home, where to buy the parts, or step by step instructions to do it correctly. Thanks.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The cheapest way would be Plasti Dip, but that would require masking everything off & spraying it on. It'll hold up "okay"
The next best "economical" way would be vinyl wrapping it, which is just time consuming but would hold up better than the Plasti Dip.

The proper way would be replacing all the trim with Chevy's gloss black trim but that would be $$$$ though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello! For her birthday my wife wants be to replace all the chrome on her 19 traverse lt with black. Looking for any pointers, tips, links or opinions on the best way for me to get this done at home, where to buy the parts, or step by step instructions to do it correctly. Thanks.
Roger.. I have a 2020 Traverse LT. I wanted to get rid of some of the chrome also. I ordered the blackout parts that are available thru various GM dealers parts departments.
I replaced the fog lamp bezels, rear applique, front and rear bow-ties, door moldings (all 4 doors) and the Traverse/AWD/LT lettering. I have not replaced the front grille yet, maybe one weekend!! Yes, it was a few $$$ but I like the results..Nothing wrong with the original chrome parts, and I did find a Traverse RS edition but too much $$ for me...I will try to send a picture..

Enjoy your Traverse!

Kevin
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive carrying rack

1 - 3 of 3 Posts