Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Traverse 1LT FWD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a FWD 2012 Traverse 1LT earlier this week, upon start up I noticed that I heard a strange sound. I listened as i was driving at high way speeds and noticed the engine was wanting to rev higher into the 4000 or 5000 range. Then one day i turned on the air conditioning and it made a knocking or cranking sound. The traverse has less teh 90000 miles on it and had some transmisson problems around 78000. Other then that it has been kept in near pristen condition mechanic wise. THe oil was always changed aroud teh 50-60% mark. Should i be concerned or is this common for this model. It also is single and not dual exhaust like some models were.

·
Registered
2012 Traverse 1LT FWD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4000 to 5000 rpm? That's a lot. Sound like your trans isn't shifting to higher gears. Does it eventually drop down? Hot or cold engine? Or both?
Sometimes, Engine has about the same temp about in the middle of the gauge. it will drop but i have to dramaticle decrease speed. I dont quite rember what was offical diagnosied with the trans about a year adn a half a go. But the problem was that it would not leave park with out forcing.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Did you check for codes? Does it do it all the time? It sound like you need to have someone look at it. I don't know enough about modern control systems to say but I am sure it could be many things up to internal issues. That much RPM will cause a lot of engine wear and really bad gas mileage.

·
Registered
93 Posts
A good reader might send you in the right direction. IE Transmission module or ? Of course that has it's own set of issues and needs a special reader so...You might have to take it in. I wouldn't drive it unless necessary until it's diagnosed.

·
Registered
2012 Traverse 1LT FWD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took it to an auto place called just GM, which hires gm certified mechanics, butt charges less then a delaership. It was the timing chain, and a water pump. It cost $2200, but at a delaership it would be over 3k

1 - 8 of 8 Posts