Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why would the dealer drive these massive screws, to hold on the front license plate mount, into my car without asking me first!! Seriously, what the **** is wrong with people... They said it's the law to display the front plate but it's my choice, I'm the one driving it not them. AND on top of that, they tried to charge me for it. If this wasn't the only one within 700 miles with the options/color I wanted, they would be keeping it.

anyway, has anyone found something better than nylon screw rivets to plug the screw holes? These are from Pep Boys, 1/4 inch.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Mine had the holes with the plate mount on it. Funny thing is that I live in a state that doesn't have front plates! I think the car came from another dealer in a state that required front plates. Anyway, I just left the holes there. To each his own, but I think the holes look better than what you have done. I don't even notice the tiny holes anymore but I think I would notice those rivet things you put in there. Just my 2 cents. Do whatever makes you happy, though.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Believe it or not we as dealers have to follow the state laws on new vehicles. Now I am in Michigan and we don't require front plates but in Ohio they do and friends in the business install the plate brackets before delivery for that reason. Just like we don't tint front windows beyond factory.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Yeah- I was always under the impression that as law... the dealer must put that plate thing on.
Here in California- you must have 2 plates.
In Los Angeles--- certain cities--- having no front plate--- is an ideal reason or excuse to pull you over.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Sorry I jumped the gun on an earlier posting on this. The reflection in the paint was so good I screwed up and thought the bracket was put on in the wrong place. Upon further review I realized I was wrong ::). If you want to try it Bondo makes a product calle Dynatron Flexible bumper repair kit,Part#660. This is a two part flexible epoxy I have used it to repair our old FX-35, as long as you are careful and neat you could probably use it to fix the holes . Like I said if you are neat you could probably get away with touch up paint on the painted surface and SEM or some other Bumper Coat for the lower part. Sorry about the jumping of the gun.Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts