Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why do i need the 2lt to get a leather seat..........?? I need to spend approx 3k more from a LT to get the leather....

STUPID GM..........I don't get it

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you want leather have it put in it is close to the same price as factory and you can have two tone if you like. They also can add heated seats to it. Check out Katskin I personally know they have higher quality leather then the factory. At my dealership we have put leather in 1LT for customers and they love it. I would like to know what lower trim level cars from any manufacture offers leather as a factory option.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
people must really like Leather..
I wouldnt get leather... cloth is fine...
Am I missing something?
all cars with leather Ive sat in-- I felt uncomfortable.

·
Registered
112 Posts
What's the big deal with leather seats? It's actually leather "seating surfaces"! You can't tell the vinal from the leather! ???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rbarrios said:
Am I missing something?

That is because you are weird.

I like leather, is that OK with you. You are missing something, first off no one asked you opinion on this, no. does anyone care if you are comfortable?

Cloth suks. makes the car feel cheapo IMO

just another smart move from the general,

I guess I could have Leather applied to the seats but do I really want someone pulling out my new seats and then reinstalling them ? Cmon now. How friendly would the GM be in repairing the power seat under warrenty when you know it breaks after 6months ?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Shinzon said:

I like leather, is that OK with you. You are missing something, first off no one asked you opinion on this, no. does anyone care if you are comfortable?

I guess I could have Leather applied to the seats but do I really want someone pulling out my new seats and then reinstalling them ? Cmon now. How friendly would the GM be in repairing the power seat under warrenty when you know it breaks after 6months ?
Jesus pal. Lighten up. Buy something else if you do not like the option packages.

·
Registered
201 Posts
This is the problem with our country we have Americans who think if it is made by a US company is poor quality well guess what I see vehicles from all makes and models that break and are poor quality. If GM can't build a decent car why do they allow us to certify our used cars for at least 12 months 12000 miles bumper to bumper, if there is factory warranty left it gets added to that.

I just wish Americans would open there eyes and see that unless your buying the real high dollar vehicles that US automakers build very fine automobiles and trucks, and for years did not ask for or need financial support from our government, in the way of loans.

As you all can see I am passionate about the survival of this business and am proud of what I sell. So I will stop the rant and go :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Shinzon said:

I find it ironic that you are giving your opinion just like he did. This is another problem with our country. You may have an opinion but I don't want to hear it, and your stupid if you don't agree with me - NEWS FLASH - thats why it's called an opinion. These message boards are all about opinions whether you like it or not.

This is the first sign that the Traverse board is going to end up like the Enclave board. Take a look over there, it is getting really nasty and if comments keep flying like these it wont be long.......

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right on, I will be nice.

danthechevyman said:
As you all can see I am passionate about the survival of this business and am proud of what I sell. So I will stop the rant and go :)
Nice, wish more dealer people were like you. BUT they are not.

·
Registered
110 Posts
rbarrios said:
Am I missing something?
I agree. You slide across them when they're cold. You stick to them when they're hot. My wife loves leather seats. I'm glad price was a huge factor when buying our Traverse because that meant I didn't even have to talk her out of leather.

·
Registered
115 Posts
khansen30 said:
This is the first sign that the Traverse board is going to end up like the Enclave board. Take a look over there, it is getting really nasty and if comments keep flying like these it wont be long.......
Really? I was thinking about bailing from here and just concentrating on the Enclave forum because I sensed a tone here that I do not sense there.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Note to posters who seem really emotional about this thread: Go change the factory oil in a traverse and take out your emotions on that new oil filter.
My wife actually went the 2LT leather route after sitting on the cloth seats and not feeling as comfortable. Going in she was thinking cloth since the cloth buckets on the 2004 Venture minivan were just right to her liking. Anyways: Happy wife - Happy Life. Some of these posters do need to get a life. I do not care what anyone else's opinion is since I know I am always right - at least that is what my wife keeps telling me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm sure cows would appreciate if we all didn't buy leather. I personally enjoy hamburgers and leather seats >:D

It's nice we have the choice how to spend our money, or lack of :(

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Shinzon said:

following your train of thought.... I guess we can throw it back at you and say-- first off no one asked your opinion on this, no. does anyone care if you are comfortable?

I mean no one asked if "Shinzon" was happy about leather availability and price.

If you dont want answers/ opinions/ suggestions... then dont post.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Right on dude, I am just frustrated with GM in not having the availablity of leather seats on a 1lt. I find it not practical to spend another 3k on goofy gadget in the 2lt to get leather. Just my 2 cents.

I posted and vented, done.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Try buying a competitive vehicle in this class without moving up to a higher trim level / price point. Honda and Toyota do the same thing.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Shinzon said:
why do i need the 2lt to get a leather seat..........?? I need to spend approx 3k more from a LT to get the leather....

STUPID GM..........I don't get it
I bought the 2LT and didn't want leather, but try to find one without it. Go figure :)

I personally find that leather seating usually is 1. less padded and less comfortable. 2. harder to keep clean, 3. too hot in summer, too cold in winter (thought the heated seating and sometimes cooled seating does fix that part, but then again at added costs when it's not a problem for cheaper routes... hmmm....) I like leather, but not under my butt.

Hey, Chevy Dan, Rant on! I'd like to hear it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lambdagirl said:
Try buying a competitive vehicle in this class without moving up to a higher trim level / price point. Honda and Toyota do the same thing.
I completly agree. Most manufacturers only offer leather on their higher end models. This is not specific to GM. Having leather as an option in a higher end 2LT is atually a benefit that most other manufacturers don't even offer. I think you will find more people that would rather save the money by not getting leather in a higher content vehicle, then those that want leather in a lower content vehicle.

Honda lets you choose leather on their EX models, but you are forced to get the sunroof. I don't want to pay for a sunroof.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts