Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm just happily sitting at a red light in my traverse. BAM!!!

Some moron couldn't apparently get his head out of his @ss quick enough to see what was in front of him and has to rear end me. He left just a small 1 inch dent into the rear bumper right by the license plate. Had i been driving my other junk commuter car, I KNOW it would've never happened.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
that sucks....

maybe this will make you feel better....

On a camaro forum--- one member had his car LESS than 24 hrs... right about the time that Camaros were hitting the streets. NEW 2010 Camaro SS. he too was rear ended ....some young kid... no license and no insurance.
Oh yeah-- we can buff that out....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's scary.....at least he walks away and his insurance gets him a brand new camaro again. Looking at OEM parts sites, a new bumper cover looks to be under $200.00. That's very reasonable and it's a relief that you don't have to get it painted.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
youre right... no color matching etc for our bumpers...

·
Registered
417 Posts
What gets me is up to 40,000 people a year die in auto accidents. If 40,000 people died in something else, it'd be news. But in an auto? You just don't hear about it much. Anyway, remembering that is what helps me keep my eyes on the road 100% of the time. Hopefully I can infuse that into my daughter as she gets close to 16...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Not to hijack your thread but...

I was driving home up to a small city park and BAM!

I saw a small wite object fly away from the from the front of my 2006 Chevy company truck.

It rollled on the street and into a storm sewer. Yep a f'ing golf ball outa nowhere!

I jammed to a stop and checked the front. The ball had center-punched the Chevy emblem in half, cracked the chrome horizontal part and the black egg-crate behind

I looked across the park and there were 3 teenage boys whacking balls across the road I was on and into the trains alongside.

I yelled at the dork who was getting ready to tee off again and he came over with the dumbest look ever.

I got his name address,etc and all he could mutter the they were practicing for the schoolgolf club and had a lot a balls to get rid of, (I could have told them where to put'em).

His daddy is getting a grille for about $300, so I doubt he learned anything.

The scary part is that they are going to take care of us some day...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts