1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
12 Posts
I personally like the factory chrome look. I hear if it's a complete replacement it's hard on the hands and timely. I was thinking of just getting a chrome grill lay over which snaps on under 5 mins.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I JUST ORDERED THE FIRST ONE TODAY SHOULD BE HERE AROUND FRIDAY OR MONDAY NEXT WEEK IF YOU WANT TO WAIT TO SE THE OUTCOME. JUST HEARD COMPLETE REPLACEMENTS WHERE P.I.T.A. TO DO AND I LIKE THE FACTORY LOOK.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea the first one is a snap on one. suppose to just snap one in less than a minute.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JJNTJ2003 said:
I JUST ORDERED THE FIRST ONE TODAY SHOULD BE HERE AROUND FRIDAY OR MONDAY NEXT WEEK IF YOU WANT TO WAIT TO SE THE OUTCOME. JUST HEARD COMPLETE REPLACEMENTS WHERE P.I.T.A. TO DO AND I LIKE THE FACTORY LOOK.

let me know how it turns out. and how the fit is and the "just snap in"

·
Registered
1 Posts
+ 1 with 09Enclave - second one looks smart.

·
Registered
248 Posts
:) I odrered the second one and sent it back. Be prepaired to take the front end apart because it don't go on as easly as advertised.
8) Steve

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
I see too many of the grilles (like the 2nd one)
that end up bent- and well lines that should be straight-- but arent-- are something that would drive me nuts.

·
Registered
248 Posts
:) The grill is not like a billet grill it is simply a flat peace of stainless with holes cut it to give the appearance of a billet grill so it fits tight to the factory grill, the factory chrome edge will still be seen all the way around. They both install the same way the point I was trying to make is that it is not a simple install like the instructions would have you believe after trying to install it my self and I am pretty handy with this stuff I took it to a shop and when they explained they would need to take most of the front end loose on a new car not just 6 or 8 bolts like indicated my the instructions. That is why I sent it back.

8) Steve

·
Registered
38 Posts
put it on today.took longer to get the 3m backing off then to put it on. just snapped right in.

not sure how well i like it . it is just thin chrome plastic. ill try to upload pics

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the pics, looks nice. does it seem to fit snug? we just picked up our traverse tonight so i will have to wait and see if it needs a grille before i order one

·
Registered
248 Posts
:) That grill insert must go on without the studs that go thought to factory grill that you have to install the nuts on from the back side of the factory grill like the stainless steel one. That’s the problem with the other one in order to install the nuts on the studs that go through the factory grill you need to remove the black plastic order the hood all bolts at the top of the factory grill fascia and then the directions say pull the front end forward so you can get you hand behind the factory grill to install the nuts on the studs. The problem it there is only a 2” gap and you need to reach your entire arm behind the factory grill to install the nuts. Heck I had a child try to do this and there arms were too large to get back there. When I took it to a shop that installs custom parts they said they would need to remove like over half the bolts holding the front grill assembly to install it. I had a grill like the one you installed in stainless on one of my trucks the problem with the wire mesh is cleaning then if you don’t keep them clean all the time they rust at the mesh where the welds are by the trim. I know yours is plastic I just thought I would put that out there for any one thinking of the stainless one.

8) Steve

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so it has 3m tape plus snaps in place correct? i wouldnt want to put one on if it was just tape

·
Registered
38 Posts
That's correct tape and snaps. The tape helps but not by much you really have to push hard to get it to snap in place. It's abs(plastic no rusting).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts