Traverse Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 traverse with no heat to the front or back of the car, I have checked all the fuses and coolant level and removed the fuses for 10 minutes and then replaced them as I was told
It would do some sort of reset. Still no heat, so I am think I need the blend door actuator but the parts store says there is a main actuator and an auxiliary actuator. The price difference is pretty big so I was hoping to confirm the one I needed before buying the wrong one. If it helps at all the ac works perfect and the fan speeds and everything all work just nothing will get hot.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Take a look at this. Reads like your problem.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Take a look at this. Reads like your problem.

X2

Front and rear have separate temperature actuators, so it would be highly unusual for both to go bad at the same time.

On the other hand, the rear actuator doesn't maintain the rear temperature to a specific temperature, rather it maintains the rear temp within an adjustable band of +/- 10 deg from the front temperature (using the drivers setting if the front has dual zones). I don't know if that's based on what the front is set for, or if it's based on what the car thinks the front really is (i.e., off the inside temperature sensor). If it's the latter and the car isn't getting warm up front, it may not get warm in the back simply because the rear actuator hasn't been told it needs to open up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an update, I replaced the blend door actuator on the passenger side (the hard to reach one) everything gets hot now including the rear. Thanks for the input and links guys!

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Just an update, I replaced the blend door actuator on the passenger side (the hard to reach one) everything gets hot now including the rear. Thanks for the input and links guys!
Interesting. That one should only have affected the passenger side, not the drivers side or the rear. I wonder if your actuators somehow got out of calibration. I'm assuming you performed the recalibration steps for the new actuator, which would also have recalibrated all the others.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting. That one should only have affected the passenger side, not the drivers side or the rear. I wonder if your actuators somehow got out of calibration. I'm assuming you performed the recalibration steps for the new actuator, which would also have recalibrated all the others.
I did indeed do the recalibration but I had already tried that with the old one still in first. Took apart the old one and the big gear inside was broken. I don’t have dual climate control so maybe that’s why it fixed everything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts