Traverse Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't figure out where is a safe place to put jack stands on the rear of the 2019 traverse. I understand a lot of people in this forum like to use a pinch weld adapter, and that is fine because I have one. But where do I place the jack stands?

On my Honda I would just jack up the rear cross member and place stands on the pinch welds. The traverse is not obvious. The rear cross member is covered by dual exhaust pipes and it has a weird bent shape on the 2nd generation traverse. Fwd so there is no differential.

The pinch welds have a plastic covering near them so I can't place jack stands there even if I wanted to (jack yes but not stands).

There is a rail on either side that runs from front to back. Is it safe to place a jack stand there? In the rear there is a side impact skirt for fuel tank that of course is not safe to jack on, but after it ends there is a small place possibly to place a jack stand on the rail. Is it strong enough?

First picture shows the area (bottom most hole to the right of the skirt). Second picture shows the weird bent subframe (black) that doesn't look like it's possible to put a jack stand on (bottom of picture). Last picture shows another view of the rail that has a side impact skirt.

Appreciate any help, I'm at a loss.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
I can't figure out where is a safe place to put jack stands on the rear of the 2019 traverse. I understand a lot of people in this forum like to use a pinch weld adapter, and that is fine because I have one. But where do I place the jack stands?

On my Honda I would just jack up the rear cross member and place stands on the pinch welds. The traverse is not obvious. The rear cross member is covered by dual exhaust pipes and it has a weird bent shape on the 2nd generation traverse. Fwd so there is no differential.

The pinch welds have a plastic covering near them so I can't place jack stands there even if I wanted to (jack yes but not stands).

There is a rail on either side that runs from front to back. Is it safe to place a jack stand there? In the rear there is a side impact skirt for fuel tank that of course is not safe to jack on, but after it ends there is a small place possibly to place a jack stand on the rail. Is it strong enough?

First picture shows the area (bottom most hole to the right of the skirt). Second picture shows the weird bent subframe (black) that doesn't look like it's possible to put a jack stand on (bottom of picture). Last picture shows another view of the rail that has a side impact skirt.

Appreciate any help, I'm at a loss.
Hey Friend,
Just saw your post. I can't tell you specifically the exact points I used, but about two months ago i rotated my tires for the second time. The first time I didn't make notes so the second time around I at least made a few notes, should have snapped a few pics now that you are asking this question.

I jacked the front end up with a hydraulic floor jack and placed jack stands underneath the suspension arms. I then lowered the jacks and raised the rear of the vehicle with TWO jacks, one on each side. I left the jacks under the Traverse while i rotated the tires. I did place two jack stands under a rear suspension point (one on each side) just for a safety check. I wish I had pics or could describe exactly where I located the jack stands but it's been nearly two months and I'm a little fuzzy on it. I like to get the jack stands and raise under the suspension arms so you don't have to raise the vehicle quite as far up. Have to be careful though and not let them slide out on you.

Mine also is a 2019 model.
Please be safe !!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate the feedback, Ed. I figured out where to put the jack stand! According to Mitchell's manual the area near where the subframe bolts onto the body in the front of the rear wheel is a good spot for jack/jack stands (attached).

I took some pictures (also attached) showing the jack stand and jack. I used a 3 ton jack with pinch weld adapter on the pinch weld. I used a metal adapter from Amazon. For the jack stand, I recommend a stand with a wide saddle for this point. The stand I used is a Hein Werner 3 ton with 4 inch wide saddle.

I was doing a technical service bulletin to fix a rear suspension squeak. Basically had to pull out a plastic pin and cut it down 15mm inside the rubber bumper in the coil spring of the suspension. The dealer wanted the car for a week. I fixed it in an hour.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts