Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to add some 12 volt DC outlets, just like the factory ones. Anyone know where I can buy em?

Thanks
Glenn

·
Registered
312 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Amazon has lots of options. I installed one of these in my Saturn recently:

Amazon product # B0006TIRZA (can't post links yet).

Very simple and sturdy, however, it's not easily amenable to installing in visible locations as it doesn't actually have any sort of mounting bracket. There are others that have more of a "faceplate" type mount. Some even come with flip-open covers, although those are probably designed for "marine" use. I put mine in an out of the way spot (I just drilled a hole for it in the back of a storage bin above the radio) where I can leave my phone charger plugged in all the time. That way it's easily available without ever being in the way or visible from outside the car. Rock solid with a couple of zip ties from behind. Plus, since it's above the radio, no wires are across the face of my radio when using a windshield-mounted GPS (which IS my phone). The phone charger has a retractable cord, so I just pull it out when needed and push the button to make it disappear. Also, since the stock lighter socket in the car is of the "always on" variety, I installed a switch on the side of the center console so that I can turn it off when I'm not using it. Didn't want to burn out my cheap charger by leaving it plugged in and turned on all the time (not even sure if it really makes a difference, but hey, why not?)

8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts