Traverse Forum banner

Where does the DDM get power from?

6K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  spudwoot 
#1 ·
I can not figure out where the fuse for the DDM in the drivers door gets power from. I tested the wire from where it hooks to the car to the DDM and the wire shows good. I can bypass the wire by running a separate hot lead and the DDM works. I do not have power on the car side of the plug going into the car.

#6 ·
OK I found a description that calls the door lock actuator a DDM, but it doesn't seem to be in the component list. The component lists "door latches".

In any case, here's the 2011 door lock schematic. UPDATE See you mention a 2013 Traverse.

#9 ·
In the late '00's into the early teens GM had a corporate wide issue with fretting corrosion in module connections. Try cleaning BCM connectors with a good electronic cleaner/lube.

#10 ·
Thanks for your input. It seemed I had two issues

1. The ground wire connection broke on the Door Module. I saw that and fixed it.
2. The DR/LCK fuse blew. The ground must of touched the power wire when it came loose. Why would I have not checked that first? BECAUSE THE FRIGGING DOOR LOCKS WORKED ON THE PASSENGER SIDE AND REMOTE. Seriously Chevy, name the fuse drivers door or something. This diagram saved my ass

#12 ·
Get the alldatadiy.com subscription for your vehicles since you work on your own. Well worth the few bucks and access to all wiring diagrams.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.