Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here know when the 2010's will be ordered by the dealers?
(Spring Hill is currently down) and I guess production will resume at the new location. (where the other lambdas are built)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Are you looking to be among the first on this board to also get a 2010?

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It appears so....
2010- appears to be in my favor over a 2009.
I always put at least 150,000 on my vehicles before I get a new one.... my 03 Trailblazer is at 146,488 (purchased new in Sep 02). Ill hit 150K sometime in Aug timeframe.

After a favorable oil analysis- My dad has expressed interest in my TB... this will replace his 1976 Nova-
Grandma visits in Oct-Dec
Baby arrives in Nov.
Finances will be set by Sept.
So---- that just means I will order a 2010- and when it arrives sometime Sept/Oct-
I can shuttle the entire family.

My interest in passing the Trailblazer on to my dad is several...
his 76 has been faithful-- after 2 mild engine rebuilds-- and I think maybe 600,000 on the chassis... the suspension is shot.
It still starts right up on the 1st key turn...
But if grandchild will ride in the car--- it needs to have AC (LA Summers)-- and be in better condition.
so the Trailblazer for him is ideal. Its in excellent condition.
Everything works on it.
Trade in value is something like $5000. Retail sale is $8500. and private party is about $6500.
Im going to 'sell' it to dad for $2000.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just a gut feeling but I doubt if you will get as good a deal in Sept. I've read that Traverse sales are picking up and extra shifts are being worked at the lambda plants. When the '09 inventory is cleared I expect all the rebates, GM card earnings etc will evaporate (I secured nearly $8k off MSRP).
Also, bear in mind the Government underwriting of the warranty will not apply to vehicles sold after July this year.
Also, you will note that for the 2010 build, certain features have been deleted from the '09 spec.
Just my 2c.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah- I was thinking that when the 2010's arrive- sept or so-- deals/discounts wont be around ...
Im also aware they discontinued the color I wanted...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts