Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue with the traction control/stabilitrak disabling itself. The brakes pulse when braking, until stabilitrak disables itself once you get over 35mph.
Pulled codes C0267 and C0040. I've cleaned off the reluctor ring and wheel speed sensor at the hub.
I need to locate where the wheel speed sensor plug goes, so I can clean the connector or replace the entire sensor, but I'm not sure where it goes once it passes through the wheel well.

Anyone know where I can get to the front right wheel speed sensor plug, or have any other information on these codes?

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
replace the the hub and bearing assembly that is faulty sealed unit no matter how much cleaning you do will not help . not to bad of a job to do remove axil nut remove brake caliper and rotor 4 bolts hold the hub and bearing to the knuckle . might need a 2lb sledge hammer to separate the bearing from the hub then reverse order to put back together. with hand tools about 1 1/2 hours bearing cost from about $140.00 to $300.00 depending on brand

good luck

I know what I am talking about 40 years in the trade just retired

·
Registered
505 Posts
The sensor is cheap so I would try replacing that before the sealed hub.

After that I would inspect the wiring from the sensor to the brake control module as best as possible - ideally if you're able to, I'd meter each wire to look for an open.

I had a '12 Regal GS that started getting intermittent ABS Inop/Service Stabilitrak errors, that eventually became more frequent to the point of complete failure. I pulled the ABS codes which pointed me at the pass side front corner. Tried the $20 sensor first, didn't solve it. Traced out the wiring, found that where the harness ran on the inner fender in the engine bay, had pulled out slightly from the anchor point and was contacting the A/C pulley. Eventually wearing through the loom and fraying a wire. Spliced the wire back together and fixed the problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes, I had to look it up myself and, unlike my old Pontiac Montana and Grand Prix, it looks like the wheel speed sensor is not integral to the wheel hub assembly. This is a welcome change for me since I had to replace 2 wheel hubs on the Montana due to speed sensors. The job isn't too hard, but the hubs can get pricey.

If you don't find a wiring fault, start by replacing the cheap speed sensor. From what I've read, remove the brake caliper, caliper bracket, and brake rotor to get access.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an issue with the traction control/stabilitrak disabling itself. The brakes pulse when braking, until stabilitrak disables itself once you get over 35mph.
Pulled codes C0267 and C0040. I've cleaned off the reluctor ring and wheel speed sensor at the hub.
I need to locate where the wheel speed sensor plug goes, so I can clean the connector or replace the entire sensor, but I'm not sure where it goes once it passes through the wheel well.

Anyone know where I can get to the front right wheel speed sensor plug, or have any other information on these codes?

Thanks
Did you figure it out. I having same issue and can’t access the plug end.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you figure it out. I having same issue and can’t access the plug end.
May be a little late to the party, but - the driver side connection is directly under the air box. I had to take the entire assembly out to get to the plug. Remove the electrical tape to reveal the tab you depress to release.
On the passenger side, it is MUCH easier (luckily I did the driver side first) it is under the plastic engine cover right off the big wire loom- where you would expect it to be.

I had to replace both due to the tires rubbing the sensor cable and severing the wires. (yes, I had a local shop replace the struts and the wire was not attached correctly)

·
Registered
4 Posts
May be a little late to the party, but - the driver side connection is directly under the air box. I had to take the entire assembly out to get to the plug. Remove the electrical tape to reveal the tab you depress to release.
On the passenger side, it is MUCH easier (luckily I did the driver side first) it is under the plastic engine cover right off the big wire loom- where you would expect it to be.

I had to replace both due to the tires rubbing the sensor cable and severing the wires. (yes, I had a local shop replace the struts and the wire was not attached correctly)
Not late at all. You help thank you so much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts