Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned a lot of cars over the years and this is the first owner's forum I've ever joined and participated in. I don't really know why except for the simple fact that I find the Traverse to be a very practical, modern, technologically advanced, and desirable vehicle that I'm proud to own.

Are your reasons for being here the same?

:cheers:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I first joined saturnfans in 2005 when I got a VUE. I found it was so helpful to communicate with other owners. I was able to learn so much about my car. I've continued on saturnfans with my Astra and have learned a ton about my car that I just wouldn't have learned, had I not been on the forums.

I joined here the day I bought our Traverse (after lurking for a while)

I've learned to use forums as a great way to research future vehicles too. It's a great way to find out about common problems with vehicles, or generally whether people are happy with the vehicles. I think it's pretty clear that people are pretty happy with the Traverse, and we have been very happy with ours.

·
Registered
248 Posts
:) I would have to agree when looking on the form you can find out information on items that you are thinking of purchasing for you vehicle ask others if they like the item if they installed one. Many times others can write about thinks they form wrong on the vehicle and you can get it repaired before it becomes a problem on yours. One of the things I like best on the form is getting help from others on how to install something such as an accessory want to install or just want to upgrade something that some one else already has done. Some times if you want to do something as simple as change the headlight bulb and some one can explain how they did this and what problems to watch out for so you don’t break a clip or were all the bolts are can be a big help.

8) Steve

A

·
0 Posts
For me it's the people that own Lambda's; I lurk on all the Lambda forums (I own an Acadia) and the information that is shared is great. The majority of people are fun to interact with :party:

·
Registered
407 Posts
First off, I have to say that the Lambda forums are the only ones like them, all others use the same templete, and are not as user friendly as these. Kudos to Admin for creating these unique layout forums. (at least from what I've found, they are unique).

As for the vehicles, this is what makes them so special:
Brand new platform
Technology firsts, and a vehicle platform that created a completely new category in vehicles, which others are now following.
Brand new assembly plant that was made specifically for producing them. (not to say, it can't be retooled in later years, but it (Delta Plant) was built to produce the first Lambdas, and eventhough Traverses were built in TN first, I think the Delta plant is more specfic to producing the Lambda platform....some will argue this, the TN plant is still state of the art...no offense for those who own TN built Traverses.

I would also say that Lambda vehicles are very similar, in the mechanical sense, but then they also are so different in many other ways, and it's that fact that makes these vehicles so cool. They are not rebadged vehicles, like other examples, but rather a great example of platform sharing done right. Also, because of the high technology factor, there are some....let's call them quirks, that make them interesting to own, and once you know these quirks (thanks for the forums) you can appreciate the vehicles, and understand them better.

But I'd have to really say the most special thing about the Lambda platform is it's pationate owners, who understand their uniqueness and are proud to own a brand new platform vehicle, that started a trend for unibody big crossovers that take us into the next several decades, getting away from mini-vans and large body on frame SUV's. It's all part of the change in buying habbits, brought on by the current economy, and environmental concerns. That's about all I can come up with.....anyone else have more to add?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well-stated reasons for owning a Lambda and for visiting and posting on these forums.

For me, as I stated in creating this thread, the combination of practicality and, quite literally, cutting edge technology is one thing that sold me on a Traverse.

My youngest son (the computer geek/wizard) drives a BMW 335 which has 300 hp and stickered for over $10m more than my Traverse. He gets fewer miles per gallon, has to burn super unleaded, and only has 12 more horsepower than my car.

In my humble opinion, the Traverse's all-aluminum 3.6 liter DOHC V6 with variable valve timing and direct injection mated to a six speed automatic transmission is—dare I say it—at least on par with anything BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, or Audi are putting together these days. :thumb:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My youngest son (the computer geek/wizard) drives a BMW 335 which has 300 hp and stickered for over $10m more than my Traverse. He gets fewer miles per gallon, has to burn super unleaded, and only has 12 more horsepower than my car.
Of course, my son with the BMW gets "free" oil changes at the dealer, so I'm sure that's why his car costs so much more than mine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
andylibby said:
Of course, my son with the BMW gets "free" oil changes at the dealer, so I'm sure that's why his car costs so much more than mine.
I got 3 years free oil changes with my Traverse here in Phoenix area.

·
Registered
30 Posts
They are really the only vehicle out there big enough to carry a growing family without being a suburban or a mini-van. The lambda fits comfortably between those to vehicle types.

Cal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts