Traverse Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a custom ordered 2011 Traverse LT2 wiht Black granite paint/Navi/Leather/Personal connectivity Package = MSRP $41,420. No dealer I have talked to can find this combination. hence I will need to order it.

I have to dealerships that have offered almost exactly $37,700 for this vehicle.

But here is the catch. Another dealership offered me 38,285 for it MINUS the GM rebate when it arrives. Assuming for a moment, that it arrived this month, the sale would come to $36, 785 (using the $1500 rebate). In October (probably when it arrives) who knows what the rebate will be. It could be $500. It could be ZERO. or it could be potentially be $2,000. October is GMC truck month, is it not? GM wouldn't discount the Acadia and not discount the Traverse would it?

What would you do? take the known best price of 37,700? Or "gamble" iwth about $500 bucks and potentially come out ahead if GM discounts the traverse 1000, 1500 or 2000.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Isn't the rebate based on the time of purchase?

If I recall correctly, Rbarrios had the rebate honored when he took delivery, a rebate that was part of the initial deal.

Bob

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know when rebates are applied. I just got numbers. One dealership said they couldn't apply it now.

The two dealerships that quoted 37,700, I assume, arrived at that number like this:

Invoice: 39,100 (according to edmunds)

minus 1500 rebate = 37,600. And then they just tacked on 100 for good measure.

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
I ordered mine- the 1st 2010- to arrive at my dealer...
I ordered it- and when it arrived there was no chevy rebates. Though I got mine in early sept..
at the time- sales were on the 2009's.

The rebate/discount that I did receive- was from GM-- because the vehicle arrived with 350+ miles.
This was not part of any negotiation...

Though- the rebates you get--- are the rabates that are present at the time of delivery...

So- what may be possible to do-- is order the vehicle-- and have your order # ready...
continue to check its build status--
when it has a VIN # assigned--- you can then try to do the paperwork for it-- that is if theres a promo going on- and about to end...

Some dealers wont do this---

But I did do it on our Ordered impala.
When I found out it was buillt--- I went ahead and got financing done- since that day was the 2nd to last day that they had 0% financing....
the vehicle didnt arrive for another 2 weeks I think....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats one one dealer told me. They cannot apply rebates without a VIN.

The dealership that is offering me 38,285 Minus the GM rebate that is in place when the vehicle arrives said that that is not entirely true.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
rbarrios said:
I ordered mine- the 1st 2010- to arrive at my dealer...
I ordered it- and when it arrived there was no chevy rebates. Though I got mine in early sept..
at the time- sales were on the 2009's.

The rebate/discount that I did receive- was from GM-- because the vehicle arrived with 350+ miles.
This was not part of any negotiation...

Though- the rebates you get--- are the rabates that are present at the time of delivery...

So- what may be possible to do-- is order the vehicle-- and have your order # ready...
continue to check its build status--
when it has a VIN # assigned--- you can then try to do the paperwork for it-- that is if theres a promo going on- and about to end...

Some dealers wont do this---

But I did do it on our Ordered impala.
When I found out it was buillt--- I went ahead and got financing done- since that day was the 2nd to last day that they had 0% financing....
the vehicle didnt arrive for another 2 weeks I think....
I recall you saying a rebate was applied when you did the ordering, pretty certain it was you. I do know this, you did NOT get a rebate from the 300 miles on your car, instead, you got a ""good will adjustment" from the dealership, recall, they had no documentation as to how the mileage came to be on your vehicle, so you got a discount.

Bob

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Rbarrios,

I coulkd NOT find the post I thought you had made, either the post is out of range or it was not you. Perhaps it was another member on this forum.

Bob

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
yup not me---
I paid credit union pricing (I think this one was a little less than Supplier pricing)- minus the rebate/discount from the miles---. thats about it.
Showed up- paid cash- off I went.

·
Registered
417 Posts
All my rebates were applied at time of purchase. 3 GM rebates, Credit Union discount and GM card. All at purchase. Basically within the couple of hours it took to do all the dealing and paperwork.

That is a very good price IMHO. I'd go for it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Narg,

did you order your car or was it picked off the lot/traded from another dealer? If the latter two, of course they'll apply the rebate at teh time of sale.

But you do think that 38,285 Minus the potential rebate in October is a good one? Better than taking the 37,700 offer from another dealership? One thing I might do is barter the difference. Ask them to put on "Ventureshield/3M" clear bra on the bumper/side mirrors IF the rebate at the time of delivery is NOT $500 or more. I plan to do that anyway. I also want the all-weather mats.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went and got 2k rebate off 38,285 quote. So, I got it for 36,285. Not bad. ;D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Narg,

My understanding is the credit union discount cannot be combined with GM dollars from the GM card, just as GM Supplier Discount cannot be. GMSD and CUD are interchangeable, cannot be combined, and points from the GM card cannot be combined with either one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts