Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead:My daughter waxed our new traverse and waxed the body side molding. What do you use to remove it without wrecking the molding. The was was turtlewax 2001 car polish. thanks

Thanks for all the input I ended up calling Turtle Wax-there 1800 number on the web
They said to use Rubbing Alcohol with a soft cloth. It worked, took a few times to wipe the wax film off
Car looks 100% better.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
ohhh man...
hmmmmm... I would try WD-40.

I know its hard to remove it since I see so many cars with the wax marks on black trim

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Try Mother's Back-To-Black brand trim dressing. I had the same problem when I did my truck and got some wax on some of the gray plastic trim pieces. I had to do a bit of scrubbing with a soft brush using the Mother's, but got it all off, and it left a good protection on the trim pieces.

I just waxed my wife's new LTZ Sunday, and was extremely careful when I put the wax on!

Good luck. :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
I tried Mother's Back to Black on mine with a toothbrush to no avail. I used the Armor All Cleaner wipes and that worked great.

FWIW, the last time I used Zaino wax and there was no white residue left.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Here is a site that has cleaner every thing you need for that stuf http://www.gatorbackcoatings.com/ I use to have a Cladded Avalanche so I know this stuf works.

8) Steve

·
Registered
150 Posts
Vinyl Eraser from Office Depot. You know, the white erasers that architects/drafting folks would use.

Someone posted that... man... I googled it ages ago and can't recall where.

·
Registered
34 Posts
What about using Dove Dish Soap to remove the wax (along with a soft brush)?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have found that Fantastic (or similar cleaners) work fine for that. It its heavy, I might use a small brush to work it in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts