Traverse Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
matches the factory tint? i want to get the front windows done. i have 20% on my truck and it looks like it should match

·
Registered
38 Posts
i think mine is 25% or whatever is legal in Alabama. its a little lighter so if you can go a shade darker i would, just wanted to stay legal on the wifes vehicle.

Attachments

G

·
This will be a tough one since the factory glass doesn't have tint applied over clear glass; its darkened in the manufacturing process. I would find out what is the max allowed for your state and go from there

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
JJNTJ2003 said:
i think mine is 25% or whatever is legal in Alabama. its a little lighter so if you can go a shade darker i would, just wanted to stay legal on the wifes vehicle.
so thats how my Traverse would look like tinted....
looks nice... but here in Southern California-- in some cities around me---- thats like you screaming- PULL ME OVER!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I put 35% in the front two doors cause thats legal in texas, then on the rear i put 5% on top of the factory tint, it works great for the kids, plus the darker in the back it makes the front ones look darker as well but its legal

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I have had 3 GM cars where I asked my local tint shop to match the front window tint, to the factory rear windows. Every time I have it done, they come back with 20% tint on the fronts, and I must say, they always match perfectly. Here in Kansas, 35% is what's legal, so I'm obviously beyond that, but as long as you're not on a watch list, and don't screw around in the car too much, you shouldn't get pulled over for JUST that infraction here. Besides, I would just pay the $50 fine here, instead of removing my $60 tint job. Just me though.

I will add pictures later this evening for you all, just so you can see that the 20% matches great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The factory tint on the rear windows is +/- 19%, with that said, I tinted my front 20% and it looks just a little lighter in bright sunlight just because of the light that comes in through the windshield. In bright sunlight 15% would look even but otherwise will look a little darker. I also opted for the 20% because of tint laws and not wanting to draw the attention of being darker. My opinion 20% is the way to go.

·
Registered
248 Posts
:thumb: Looks good I wish that were legal in Virginia we are only alowed 15% :(

8) Steve

·
Registered
551 Posts
NO tint is allowed on front windows in Michigan, however they do not enforce it at all. The traverse is tinted 20% to match the rear, my mustang is tinted 5%!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I put 15% on every window and 12 inch sunband.It looks great on black,probably not legal though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
DIESAHL said:
matches the factory tint? i want to get the front windows done. i have 20% on my truck and it looks like it should match
20% should match perfectly.

I also decided to go legal on the wife's car.
So I did 27% on two side windows and 20% on the windshield (eyebrow)...

This turns out to match pretty well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys im new to the forum. i saw this. i need to get pics of my 2010 black ltz. what i did was tint over all the factory tint 15% and did 15% on doors and 15% on windshield strip. looks nice.

·
Registered
150 Posts
If I remember right, I went 15% over the factory tint on all the windows (except windshield, of course). This made the back windows very dark, but here in Arizona it's just what I wanted. When I drive up to the midwest this summer I may run into trouble, but I'll take my chances. I had similar tint on my CTS, and never got stopped.

Attachments

G

·
jamesmyboy said:
If I remember right, I went 15% over the factory tint on all the windows (except windshield, of course). This made the back windows very dark, but here in Arizona it's just what I wanted. When I drive up to the midwest this summer I may run into trouble, but I'll take my chances. I had similar tint on my CTS, and never got stopped.
I used to live in AZ; so I agree; the darker the better

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
i live in so cal nd my windows will be tinted very soon.

·
Registered
551 Posts
jamesmyboy said:
So that means your back door does not match your front doors correct? You will not have any issues in Michigan with tint. Tint of any kind on side windows are illegal, I have had 7 cars tinted, some as dark as 5% and never really had any issues. I have been pulled over maybe 2-3 times in 12 years, but never a ticket.

we tinted the traverse's front windows to match the rear windows, again never had a problem with the police.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Here's a better picture of how the tinting came out. I like it alot, except not so much at night - backing up is a treat without the rearview camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
551 Posts
jamesmyboy said:
Here's a better picture of how the tinting came out. I like it alot, except not so much at night - backing up is a treat without the rearview camera.
Looks awesome :thumb:

I personally think tinted windows make a car look 100000000x's better. One of the cheapest yet best mods you can do, plus they help keep your car cooler in the summer (but I do it for looks!)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks guys... I like the way it looks right now (other than the key gouge on the other side).
I had chrome versions of the stock 20 inchers almost bought when my parts guy quit and disappeared! The new guy wants $300 more for the set than I was quoted by the first guy.
I'm thinking that for $1600 I should be able to find some wheels that will look just as good, maybe better, so I'll take my time looking around.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts