Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of headlight bulbs are in the Traverse?
I dont have a Traverse yet... but I like the way they work on my Trailblazer... and would upgrade asap when I buy.
They dont make Silverstars for our Impala (07) and I hate the yellow light that the factory bulbs put out-- as compared to the light from my Silverstar equipped trailblazer...
anyone know the bulb size?

·
Registered
201 Posts
LS & LT versions have halagon LTZ have low beam projector high beam halagon in high all four lights are on my wifes LTZ is bright white and extremely bright in high.

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
low beam projectors... what kind of bulb is behind it...
I was not aware that projectors were available..

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just saw pic of it on chevy website.. and like stated is avaialble on the LTZ only.
I wouldnt buy an LTZ- lots of stuff on it I dont need- and dont want to pay for. Like heated seats.... (Dont really need heated seats in Los angeles- for example- today its Winter and its 83 degrees outside)...also saw a few other things I can live without... seems its an LT for me.
Hmmm. Ill have to checkout the projectors at the dealer.

·
Registered
91 Posts
got my LTZ that has Cooled seats w/ Navi w/ 2nd row captains chair w/ center console for $29,800. Which is going to be about what your going to pay for your LT. Not about the gadgets....about the deal.

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
****... that is really good.
but Id be foolish to go out and buy now--- when I dont really need a new vehicle....
Very tempting...

But I guess what I said applies to the past when weve ordered our cars the way we wanted and avoided paying for cars already on the lot that had extras that we didnt need....

·
Registered
417 Posts
I never understood the reason for bright white headlights. The human eye's don't work as well in bright white light. It causes shadows on the road to be darker, and keeps other colors from varying properly. If you considered the light of the sun? It's yellow. Hunter's glasses to see better, yellow. Seems to be a slight yellow tint to a headlight would provide a much better viewing ability. Not to mention be much more environmentally friendly.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Narg said:
I never understood the reason for bright white headlights. . . . Not to mention be much more environmentally friendly.
I agree, and not to mention more considerate of other drivers who have to look at those unnaturally bright lights (even low-beams), either head one, or in their mirrors.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My acura TL has the best headlights I have ever had. I can see twice as far than my Traverse HID's and it beats my 2007 Honda Odyssey w/ the standard lights. Depends on the car...height and other things. Get used to it...because HID's are going to be the only thing made....just like HDTV's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts