Traverse Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is that part of the climate controll package? I have the captains chairs but... I have no idea what that is between them... but whatever it is it's not in my captains chairs 1LT but I do not have climate control (because I think I see vents coming out the front of that center thing... but then why would it be so huge like storage or something) car and I do not see it as a listed option on any of the features throughout the different models (unless that is part of the climate package)?

I'm assuming it's not something the dealership just pulled out :-\ ... I would have words with them if so :eyebrow:

Thanks,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
let me rephrase... I know it's the center console (of some sort)... but should I have it in my 1LT 7 seater/captains chairs/no climate control?

thnx

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
From what Ive read....Its some big storage compartment---- And believe its optional...
it doesnt come with all captains chairs....as some people do not order it-- so that they can use that space to squeeze thru to the 3rd row without having to fold the seats.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah... makes sense. I like the space as I put my DC fridge there & throw a bunch of stuff down... and you can walk back & forth while the car is moving (yeah not a great idea but I did when I was test driving it (wife was behind the wheel) between 2nd & 3rd row and it was fun ;D ) but... I think I'll hit the dealership again & see if I can take a look if they have one of those on display (did not see one as I was browsing the cars so I had no idea)... and get a price.

Thanks rb

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
If im not mistaken... you cant order it after the fact...(just in case you decide to get one)....

·
Registered
78 Posts
That was a factory fit option on the LTZ only. Those are not vents you see, they are compartment release handles. It's a very clever design with 2 separate compartments and the whole thing can be released at the rear and flipped forward to complete the flat floor between the folded 2nd row seats

·
Registered
73 Posts
rbarrios said:
If im not mistaken... you cant order it after the fact...(just in case you decide to get one)....
According to my dealer you cannot order the unit, has to come already in the vehicle. But you can order it by individual part, the total I priced out was over $1000.00.

·
Registered
26 Posts
khansen30 said:
According to my dealer you cannot order the unit, has to come already in the vehicle. But you can order it by individual part, the total I priced out was over $1000.00.
I have the second row center console in my Traverse. The cost on my window sticker has it listed as a $300 option.

The best way to tell if your console was removed is to look at your second row captains chairs...if they have folding arm rests on the inboard side then your vehicle didn't come with the center console. If they don't have arm rests, then your console was removed...but there is really no reason the dealer would do that...okay, I'm a positive person. Hope this helps!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Factory console will not fit in the Traverse if it has the arm rests on the captain chairs. It was offered only on the LTZ in 2009 not sure on 2010 yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gotcha... thank you.

Yeah I did not think the dealer would remove... and yes I've got arm rests on the chairs.

I don't know if the arm rest can be removed from the seat but... I know you can install anything and everything so LTZ or not, the center console could probably be installed... and yes probably cost more than factory.

I'll try & find it in a car and take a look... at least just to see if it's something worth having. I probably don't need it since I like that gap and space but from what I've gathered, looks like a neat system.

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you remove the armrests there will be holes in the seat sides, if you don't remove them you can not fold the seats flat.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I wouldn't want that monstrosity in my back seat. The kids can move around, and I put their back packs right there on the way to school.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
very interesting... 2 storage compartments...
Unfortunately-- I needed seating for 8...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey that's actually really neat. I like it but I also like having the seats fold flat and removing the arm rest (in my case) & having a hole may not be the best idea.

Oh well. Definetly cool though.

They sell for like $30 half-assed/cheap/narrow (yet long) profile-type organizers that would fit as well.. and would probably work alright on a few strips of valcro with out hindering the captains chairs at all but... they look & feel cheap & ugly so, not really a solution.

Thanks for sharing.. saved me a trip to the dealer now that I know what it looks like.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts