Traverse Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife noticed it first. There is a little dim red light from a tiny pin-hole between the 2 over-head front cabin lamps. If you look closely at the overhead console over the front shift knob, you'll see the tiny-squared hole and the dim red light.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But the center console is well illuminated. I don't even notice the red light until my wife asked about it.

If the red light is intended for illumination, it needs to be more brighter.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've never been in a Traverse but in our Enclave when it is dark outside and no inside overhead lights are on, it adds a subtle, but definite illumination to the shift/console area.

·
Registered
201 Posts
That is what is designed for, they are putting ambient lighting in all of the new designs and models. The Camaro doors have lights around the trim and looks awesome IMO at night.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
that little light is amazing. In city driving with bright lights- it wont make a difference with the street lamps...
But get in the highway- or some rural roads where street lights are scarce--- and that little light- will actually illuminate quite well.
Its enought light to allow you to see your hand for example. enough light to allow you to grasp a drink in the holders etc...

·
Registered
72 Posts
I love that light. It illuminates the shift and cupholders. And I noticed your still puzzled. When in the car, try put your finger over that hole and pull it back while looking down. You'll see how well it illuminates

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I noticed this light when test driving the Traverse. I figured that was the only reason for that light. I think its a GREAT idea. :thumb:

Those little things go a long way to making your trip less fatiguing (sp?). I can't wait to get our Traverse and make a long trip in it. I think it will be a lot less tiring than our current Ford Focus, or Grand AM.

Regards,

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
for sure... the small cars have that road noise that is just so loud.....
youll love tha traverse

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Yes, I definitely noticed how quiet the Traverse was. Also, I missed having cruise control. We didn't get that pkg when we ordered the Focus. Driving from Ontario to Florida without cruise control makes for a very very sore knee.

I'm also looking forward to the extra room I have in the Traverse. I'm 6' 9" so it will be nice to stretch out. When shopping for a new vehicle, one of the big things I looked for was a passenger seat with enough leg room for me. Most vehicles that have enough room in the driver's seat, don't have enough in the passenger.

Patiently waiting.
Regards,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts