Traverse Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if two full size suitcases will fit behind the 3rd row seat. I'm just thinking that I will be picking up family this summer from the airport. We will be with 6 of us in the Traverse. Will I need to buy some sort of luggage carrier for the hitch, or roof top carrier?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Two full sized suitcases will fit behind the third row seats if you stand them up. It would block some vision out of the back window, though.

·
Registered
248 Posts
:) I am pretty sure two full size suitcases will fit in the back without any problem but it would not hurt to have a roof top carrier those things come in handy for trips all the time.

8) Steve

·
Registered
201 Posts
25 cubic feet of storage behind the third seat. 100 quart cooler fits very comfortably there.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
just 2 weeks ago I picked up family- 2 adults and a 1 yr old. We brought a child convertible seat with us for them to use. (along with our infant).
So there was 7 of us total in the vehicle. 5 adults and 2 babies (+seats)
To be safe- I also attached my hitch cargo carrier.
They also brough a stroller.
We were able to sit everyone in---
then flipped DOWN the '40' portion of the 3rd row. this is where the stroller was placed along with some smaller luggage.
the big luggage went in the back - stuff stacked nicely.
we didnt even have to use the hitch rack.

though on subsequent trips- we had 8 of us in the vehicle- along with 1 large stroller (with food tray for child etc) and their smaller stroller- (typical smaller stroller without trays etc).... but both strollers fit in the back stacked on top of each other--- with some spare room to stuff small bags in openings.

Now- dont forget- that the 1st time you load people and cargo up-- you will have tell them something like...
ok hold up every body- let me plan who goes in 1st.
most likely the thinner younger folks in back 3rd row- as older folks have trouble getting back there if theyre not as nimble as a young person.
if youll have any child seats- plan on what side youll place it on - 60 or 40...
we eventually got it down--- where baby in 3rd row went in 1st... then grandma and mommy- using the 60 side to get in...
at the same time--- visiting child was being strapped in on the 2nd row '40'seat.
once this was done...
the 60 portion of the 2nd row was locked back- and visiting mom and dad could hop in...
front passenger could hop in whenever they wanted...
but while all this was going on--- I was loading the strollers...

Also-- In case you do need a rack... check this thread out....

http://www.traverseforum.com/index.php?topic=627.0

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like that rack. I don't know if I would go as far as you with putting LED's on. I would just consider red/white reflective tape, like the semi's have. With all the road salt around here, I don't think homemade wiring will last too long.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
The red/white tape- I found at Wal Mart- in the section that has auto stuff/towing/RV's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts