Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personnaly use alof of the features on the DIC.... so far I have not used the trip timer....
But Trip A- I reset everytime I gas up-- and I can log my miles per tank.
But Trip B---- I only reset when I change the oil.... this way I can have a quick look to see how many miles I have on the oil.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Trip A - mileage per gas up.
Trip B - I track my work related travel for tax credits. But since rbarrios also thought of using it to track oil life, I might just do that, it's a great idea, thanks!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Trip A - Miles from the day we picked it up (we don't touch that one)
Trip B - Used for work purposes and trips.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you have not reset trip a?
But didnt you get your Trav new? if so--- then the Odometer and trip a will be essentially the same?
Or you get a used trav?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Trip a is used for checking fuel mileage, reset each fill up.

Trip b is unused until we take a trip longer than a tankful, to check overall trip length. I like the idea of using it to track oil life, though!

·
Registered
860 Posts
I also only use TRIP B for oil change intervals. I just reset it yesterday for the first time before the trip to Tucson.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I haven't come up with anything yet for the B trip use. I was thinking that the B trip could be used for an overall vacation trip tracker for example and the A trip for gas mileage tracker.

I like the oil change idea.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Kingstar,

That's exactly how I used Trip B. I recently tripped down to Florida from Michigan and tripped all around the SW side of that state. I left Trip B to accumulate the total trip while resetting Trip A for mileage calculations. Very useful tool for those long trips.

Regards,

Jim
In God We Trust!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts