Traverse Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
It has to come or because the evaporator went out. It's out of Warranty and I wasn't in the mood to drop 2 grand to have the dealer replace it. Everything works like before, but I did have a few extra bolts and screws left over, not sure where they came from. Lol. Them **** gremlins.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]

·
Registered
488 Posts
Heck with that. If the evaporator ever goes out, I'm bringing it straight to carmax in the dead of winter. ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Haha! Yeah, gotta watch out for those Gremlins. If my fiancé ever caught me doing that...... well, let's just say I probably wouldn't have a fiancé at that point. Lol. She could care less if I had bought it by myself or if we both did. Just kidding. She's pretty understanding when it comes to taking care of my car. It's an investment for our future family.

Evap huh. That sucks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Lol. My wife just said it (the truck) better work when I'm done. Lol. So now that my front AC works, gotta figure out the rear AC and why it isn't blowing cold. So that's next.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]

·
Registered
1 Posts
I drove my 2010 Traverse with 51K on it from Houlton, Maine to Orange, CT. 510 miles. Cartop carrier. MPG at 80 mph (75 limit in Northern ME) was 18.4, jumped to 21 MPG when I drafted an 18 wheeler.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Took Mom (who is 93) out from behind her 4 walls for breakfast, haircut, the bank, and down to the George C. Winter Park to watch the boats, waverunners, kayaks, etc. We just sat and watched in the shade with a beautiful breeze blowing for an hour or so. She really enjoyed that and can't stop talking about what a wonderful day we had.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I gave her a wash. Was full of yellow pollen from the trees.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I started thinking about the things I will do with my wife's 2011 Traverse when I trade my Ford Focus in to get her a newer Traverse and the old one becomes mine! lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
I started thinking about the things I will do with my wife's 2011 Traverse when I trade my Ford Focus in to get her a newer Traverse and the old one becomes mine! lol

First thing replace the factory audio system and fix the water flooding in the wire harness that connects between the door and the pillars!

Then fix a few dents and dings, and repair and repaint some deep scratches the garage door made on the tail gate as it was closed while the tailgate was open.
Other than that just cleaning. lot and lots of cleaning.

This car has almost 200k miles on it ,has been paid off for 3 year now, and has only had a few things that needed to be replaced (water pump, shock, and transmission needs some love but still works) in the 7 years we have owned it. I hope the next one lasts this long!

·
Registered
63 Posts

First thing replace the factory audio system and fix the water flooding in the wire harness that connects between the door and the pillars!

Then fix a few dents and dings, and repair and repaint some deep scratches the garage door made on the tail gate as it was closed while the tailgate was open.
Other than that just cleaning. lot and lots of cleaning.

This car has almost 200k miles on it ,has been paid off for 3 year now, and has only had a few things that needed to be replaced (water pump, shock, and transmission needs some love but still works) in the 7 years we have owned it. I hope the next one lasts this long!
Did you guys purchase the 2011 new?
Has the timing chain ever been replaced?
As a new (2019) owner of a Traverse, I seem to notice quite a few posts about timing chain issues and not that I'm worried, but just looking for future issues and or maintenance jobs that shouldn't be put off. Got 384,000 miles on my '96 Dodge Ram now, so I do tend to keep vehicles for a few years..

·
Registered
2020 High Country
99 Posts
3.6 motors do better on synthetic oils when it comes to the timing chains. Less chain guide / tensioner wear.
I too like at least 200k miles out of my investment and synth. fluids and the severe duty maint. sched. is cheap insurance. It's been working for me for a long time.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I did a power steering fluid "suck and fill" and a transmission drain and fill. Then after going for a drive I did a second power steering suck and fill due to the dark color the first time. My '14 has 106k.

-I used a turkey baster to suck out the power steering fluid. I was able to suck out around 8 ounces.
-Valvoline Dex VI was used on both.

Here is what the transmission fluid looked like. I've done 1 other drain and fill since I got the vehicle so I will probably look to do another one July 4th weekend based on the condition.

And here is what the power steering fluid looked like after the second suck and fill. I am going to keep doing these every week or two until I am satisfied with the color. I just order another 12 quarts of Dex VI and have 4 more bottles sitting on the shelf.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I just installed the Scangauge I got for Christmas and programmed the transmission temperature gauge feature. On the 10 minute commute to work I got to 130. We are supposed to be well into the 90s most of the next week so I'll get some longer drives around town and maybe on the highway to get an idea of what the transmissions temps are doing.

I never did the promised D&F over the weekend of July 4 and I'm about to lose my garage to the MILs furniture for a month so I'm gonna try to squeeze in a D&F either this evening or tomorrow morning.

Reactions: Ed999

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just installed the Scangauge I got for Christmas and programmed the transmission temperature gauge feature
I use the trans temp readout, as well as the coolant temp, air intake temp and voltage readout on my Scangauge as well. Great product. Think I'm going to finish up my trans & engine cooler installs this weekend after starting them on the 4th holiday weekend. Anxious to see what my temps read after install, just wish I had an engine oil temp capability in the Scangauge. Haven't found a good spot to mount an aftermarket engine oil temp gauge..

·
Registered
591 Posts
I use the trans temp readout, as well as the coolant temp, air intake temp and voltage readout on my Scangauge as well. Great product. Think I'm going to finish up my trans & engine cooler installs this weekend after starting them on the 4th holiday weekend. Anxious to see what my temps read after install, just wish I had an engine oil temp capability in the Scangauge. Haven't found a good spot to mount an aftermarket engine oil temp gauge..
I'm reading the same except RPM in place of voltage. I think I can pull A/F ratio as a custom gauge so I may end up running that in place of RPM, I don't need gauges that duplicate my in-dash gauges (except coolant temp since we all know it stays at 210 but varies 30 degrees).

I'm going to program it for oil temp in the Pilot, that is an available readout.

Right now I just have it sitting in the cupholder, I will likely get the blendmount for it that goes on the rearview mirror, but I will need to get a longer cord for it. I haven't decided if I'm going to jump it from car to car as I do maintenance or we take on on a trip or if I'm going to mount in permanently in the Traverse and grab a spare cable for use in the Pilot or Sonata (or someone else's to pull codes).

Reactions: Ed999

·
Registered
63 Posts
Right now I just have it sitting in the cupholder, I will likely get the blendmount for it that goes on the rearview mirror
I've got mine sitting on top of the steering column on a scrap piece of wood to get it up high enough to view. Not what I consider a good/permanent installation. I've used blendmounts before for radar detectors, have to look into the rearview mirror setup. Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Transmission cooler/filter & engine cooler install complete after working four weekends on it. Had to fab a mount for the coolers in order to mount in the lower grill opening. Used two Improved Racing double pass coolers, an Improved Racing remote filter/thermostat on the transmission lines and a Setrab oil filter sandwich thermostat on the engine oil cooler. Earl's SS lines and fittings. Happy with the end result, have to run it a few days to see what my trans temps look like when it's 95 degrees going home in the evening.

·
Registered
144 Posts
@Ed999

That's some nice workmanship! Any photos of the following items?

"Racing remote filter/thermostat on the transmission lines and a Setrab oil filter sandwich thermostat on the engine oil cooler"

·
Registered
63 Posts
That's some nice workmanship! Any photos of the following items?
Thank you sir! Just snapped these this morning, will get you the other two pics. The oil filter pic really needs to be taken from down below, so might be next weekend before I can get it back up on ramps.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts