Traverse Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been talking about it since I got the Traverse, I am going to finally purchase an HID kit. I have an 09 LTZ so I have the projector lamps. My question is what temp bulb do I get? I have seen 3000, 4300, 6000 or 8000. Some websites say 3000, 6000, 8000, 10000, or 12000K. What would be closest to stock? Has anyone seen the Saab xenon lights? They have a purple tint to them, I think they are sharp. Based on the below chart what you would do?

I am leaning towards 12000k but dont want them to be too purple so maybe 10000K

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't know what is closest to stock but I highly recommend 4300K. That provides the most natural color rendition and best overall visibility. I used that color in my past motorcycle and car conversions after researching it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I ran 6000k on my 07 Tahoe. They really bring out the letters on road signs and a real pleasure to night drive with. I would think that since the Trav uses the low beams for DRLs, it would greatly shorten the life of HIDs....

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
snomon said:
I ran 6000k on my 07 Tahoe. They really bring out the letters on road signs and a real pleasure to night drive with. I would think that since the Trav uses the low beams for DRLs, it would greatly shorten the life of HIDs....
Thanks, I am starting to think maybe 8000k is the way to go, I will add pics as soon as I install. You can simply turn the headlight knob to the left one click and it will turn off the DRLs, so I do not need to run the HID's during the day should I choose not too.

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
Id stick to the 4300 or 6000--- not the blue/purple stuff

·
Registered
865 Posts
I think Silverstar Ultras are 4100K. We had Silverstars in our Regal and really liked them compared to a regular halogen bulb.

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
Im running the H11 Silverstars in my Traverse (not the Ultras)

·
Registered
865 Posts
How do you like the H11s? There's not much difference in temp from the H11s to the Ultras.

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
you mean regular H11 halogen to H11 Halogen Silverstars?

I Like them. The lights is whitter. not yellow.
I really liked the way I was able to see white lines (very faded) in mexico- when I took trips out there in my Trailblazer... ever since then- Ive been using them and as soon as they became avilable in H11-- I put them in

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I settled on the 6000K, ordered them today :blob: I will post pics as soon as I get them installed.

Rbarrios, how hard was it to get to the bulb? I have a feeling I will have to take off the front wheels? Do you go thru the wheel well correct? Any input before I start to takes things apart would be awesome.

·
Registered
11,568 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
It doesn't sound too difficult. I wouldn't think it would take more than 30 minutes total the first time you do it.

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
let us know how it goes- take pics if you can.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts