Traverse Forum banner
361 - 372 of 372 Posts

· Registered
436 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Look forward to seeing your work on your Traverse!

· Registered
4 Posts
I have been a Chevy person for over 40 years. I own a 2010 Traverse and it is the worst I have ever owned. This SUV has been nothing but a horrible nightmare of problems a total money pit. I had to have the engine timing issued fixed because of timing chain chatter at a cost of over $2000.00 in 2015. Transmission failed in 2017 at cost to repair over $ 1100.00. A/C failed 2018 having to replace high and low side service ports at a cost of over $500.00 Window switch failed 2016 cost of over $ 600.00 Failed fuel injectors, failed airbag pretensioners, failed frontend end links, failed both front struts in 2016 at cost over $3800.00 Failed front tire sensors, Failed A/C temp actuator repair cost over $400.00 Failed steering box estimate repair cost $ 2800.00 Failed A/C again discharge hose replace cost over $700.00. The nerve of sale reps calling at least once a month to get me to purchase a new vehicle. Traverse sitting in garage until sell for the body or parts otherwise off to the junkyard. Just don't have the money or energy to put into keeping. Now got to go out and look for something dependable and reliable for the wife.

· Registered
436 Posts
I have been a Chevy person for over 40 years. I own a 2010 Traverse and it is the worst I have ever owned. This SUV has been nothing but a horrible nightmare of problems a total money pit. I had to have the engine timing issued fixed because of timing chain chatter at a cost of over $2000.00 in 2015. Transmission failed in 2017 at cost to repair over $ 1100.00. A/C failed 2018 having to replace high and low side service ports at a cost of over $500.00 Window switch failed 2016 cost of over $ 600.00 Failed fuel injectors, failed airbag pretensioners, failed frontend end links, failed both front struts in 2016 at cost over $3800.00 Failed front tire sensors, Failed A/C temp actuator repair cost over $400.00 Failed steering box estimate repair cost $ 2800.00 Failed A/C again discharge hose replace cost over $700.00. The nerve of sale reps calling at least once a month to get me to purchase a new vehicle. Traverse sitting in garage until sell for the body or parts otherwise off to the junkyard. Just don't have the money or energy to put into keeping. Now got to go out and look for something dependable and reliable for the wife.
How many miles at these occurrences?

· Registered
4 Posts
Timing chain issue at 74829 miles
Steering box 74829 miles
Transmission at 101524 miles
A/C at 115736 miles
Window switches 85114 miles
Fuel injectors 85114 miles
End links 85114 miles
Front struts 85114 miles
A/C actuator 9688 miles
Tire sensor 9688 miles
A/C discharge hose 144029 miles
Timing chain issue again 144029 miles

· Registered
2015 LTZ
103 Posts
Sounds like the vehicle is far more of a problem child than my '03 Trailblazer which the wife rolled and I miss dearly. However I have now bought a canadian 2015 Traverse LTZ. It's a quieter and smoother ride than others I've tried. No loud engine noise on acceleration. And very responsive.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hey current and future Chevy Traverse owners! Welcome to what we hope to be the place on the Internet for everything Traverse. Here, you'll find forums, picture galleries, polls and more for newest GM Lambda Crossover Utility Vehicle. As an Acadia owner myself, I plan to be an active forum participant and always around to keep things fresh and up-to-date.

As always, the standard rules apply - Try to keep posts on-topic, keep flame wars to a minimum, no racial or disrespectful comments.

If there is something we can do to make this site better, please don't hesitate to let us know. After all, the members are what it's all about. Let's make this a great community for all Traverse fans!

Thanks, and welcome to Traverseforum.com!
Admin
Hi. We too bought a 2022 traverse with a promise if heated seat chip coming. Rub around with dealer on function of chip. There are no heated seat icons on the tower. Dealer sent tech and installed chip but to heat the seats it took 5 steps (icon apps) to do so. Try this while driving. A few phone calls and it has been established the the bezel( bottom of tower) that would have had the heated seat icons showing has to be replaced by dealer. The bezel is wrong if no icons showing.and after chip is instaalled in traverse the bezel has to be changed having the icons. It would be my advice not to fall for the after market kit. G M did not have all these parts but to get vehickle to dealers put in the wrong bezel.

· Registered
2 Posts
I'm looking at a 2015 Traverse. 3.6L, 90K miles. Was just wondering if you all would suggest doing so based on your experience with this make & model. I typically go to a vehicle's forums before buying to get a sense of what I'm looking at. Thanks!

-- Matt

· Registered
2015 2LT AWD / 2023 True North AWD
342 Posts
I'm looking at a 2015 Traverse. 3.6L, 90K miles. Was just wondering if you all would suggest doing so based on your experience with this make & model. I typically go to a vehicle's forums before buying to get a sense of what I'm looking at. Thanks!

-- Matt
Mine has under 64,000 miles on it. It is trouble free so far. Only replaced the purge valve under warranty. My problems are the heat still coming out lukewarm after driving 10 miles on highway and air Conditioning is not cold enough in the summer. Went down to Grand Canyon when it was about one year old, the air conditioning can't keep up with the blazing heat.

· Registered
2 Posts
Mine has under 64,000 miles on it. It is trouble free so far. Only replaced the purge valve under warranty. My problems are the heat still coming out lukewarm after driving 10 miles on highway and air Conditioning is not cold enough in the summer. Went down to Grand Canyon when it was about one year old, the air conditioning can't keep up with the blazing heat.
Thanks Dave!

· Registered
4,256 Posts
Three AC issues:

1. Lines to rear HVAC can be damaged - big bucks to replace as you have to replace both AC and both Heat lines as a group.

2. Copper particles from rear HVAC fan motor get on rear evaporator and cause pinhole leaks - requires replacement of evaporator (I just had this done a few months ago - about $1800). Don't let them replace the fan motor with the evaporator or it will start all over again.

3. There's an AC hose around the engine that can wear through if not positioned correctly.

I had the purge valve replaced on my 2017 also under warranty. There's apparently a new design. Don't continue to fill the gas tank after the pump nozzle shuts off and you'll spare the purge valve.

361 - 372 of 372 Posts