Traverse Forum banner
321 - 340 of 372 Posts

· Registered
12,208 Posts
Gmcde3 said:
It's been a good vehicle like our trailblazer was. Not much done to it.

New coil and shocks, brakes and rotors. Next is the struts and they are not cheap.
I too still have a 2003 Trailblazer- now with 180,000.

as for struts- I did mine with the ready mount struts.
$260 for the pair. info here.

http://www.traverseforum.com/index.php?topic=15705.0

http://www.traverseforum.com/index.php?topic=16345.0

and my other service items at 100,000 (along with the struts)

http://www.traverseforum.com/index.php?topic=16321.0

· Registered
31 Posts
Re: Welcome to TraverseForum.com!oem brake pads

admin said:
Hey current and future Chevy Traverse owners! Welcome to what we hope to be the place on the Internet for everything Traverse. Here, you'll find forums, picture galleries, polls and more for newest GM Lambda Crossover Utility Vehicle. As an Acadia owner myself, I plan to be an active forum participant and always around to keep things fresh and up-to-date.

As always, the standard rules apply - Try to keep posts on-topic, keep flame wars to a minimum, no racial or disrespectful comments.

If there is something we can do to make this site better, please don't hesitate to let us know. After all, the members are what it's all about. Let's make this a great community for all Traverse fans!

Thanks, and welcome to Traverseforum.com!
Admin
what are oem brake pads for a 2014 traverse? is any brand ok to use?

· Registered
31 Posts
how do i do a post on here??

admin said:
Hey current and future Chevy Traverse owners! Welcome to what we hope to be the place on the Internet for everything Traverse. Here, you'll find forums, picture galleries, polls and more for newest GM Lambda Crossover Utility Vehicle. As an Acadia owner myself, I plan to be an active forum participant and always around to keep things fresh and up-to-date.

As always, the standard rules apply - Try to keep posts on-topic, keep flame wars to a minimum, no racial or disrespectful comments.

If there is something we can do to make this site better, please don't hesitate to let us know. After all, the members are what it's all about. Let's make this a great community for all Traverse fans!

Admin
,,,,,,,,,,how do I do a post on here???

· Registered
880 Posts
tableclocks said:
what are oem brake pads for a 2014 traverse? is any brand ok to use?
Well, unless you've got a high mileage Traverse, I wouldn't think you would need to change the pads until at least 75K or 80K miles. The 2014 pads are probably the same as my 2010--Akebono is the OEM supplier for the GM Lambda platform. These are great pads and don't create much noise or brake dust at all. I've had a full set of new Akebonos for ours for a couple of months now, but I still haven't changed them--96K miles and still on the factory brakes all the way around. But I'm changing the fronts next weekend come **** or high water.

· Registered
31 Posts
Toddzilla67 said:
Well, unless you've got a high mileage Traverse, I wouldn't think you would need to change the pads until at least 75K or 80K miles. The 2014 pads are probably the same as my 2010--Akebono is the OEM supplier for the GM Lambda platform. These are great pads and don't create much noise or brake dust at all. I've had a full set of new Akebonos for ours for a couple of months now, but I still haven't changed them--96K miles and still on the factory brakes all the way around. But I'm changing the fronts next weekend come **** or high water.
thank you

· Registered
53 Posts
Hello Traverse Forum!

(does anybody read to the end of this 17 page whopper anymore?) :happy:

Just got my 2014 silver LS last week at the local Carmax.
I'm in middle TN.
The Traverse has almost 50k miles on it, and it's replacing my 2008 Impala with 180k on it.
The Traverse came out of Cincinnati, so has some corrosion underneath, but hopefully not too bad.
The Impala came out of Minneapolis (fleet vehicle, 130k miles in 3 years), and I had a heck of time getting it apart to do wheel bearings and cv axles.

Have been reading a lot on here the past couple of weeks. Lots of good information. :blob: :thumb:

The immediate fix is to put a set of tires on it. The two on the back are ok, but the two on the front are worn down to the wear bars. Carmax found a couple of spots on the front tires with some additional tread and claimed that met their specs... :p
I had planned on tires when I considered the price of the vehicle anyway. ($18.6k) One tire pressure sensor is misreporting, so it was probably time to hit those too, anyway.

Ordered an 18" wheel/tire package from TireRack, a little bit of an upgrade from the 17" stock wheels and plastic caps. Went with an oversize tire width: P265/60R-18 YOKOHAMA GEOLANDAR H/T G056, but still the stock height/diameter. We'll see how those oversize tires fit when I get back into town next week. (bought it two days before I headed out.)
Also ordered a set of H&R lowering springs - hoping they will not be too harsh -- and that I like the look -- usually GM vehicles (non-truck) sit a bit high -- these springs are supposed to drop it about 1.3 inches which should be about right, and take out a little bit of side to side roll. I can always add airbags on the back if needed to maintain the new height when hauling/towing.

Also ordered a cargo net, cargo shade, and cargo liner.

One definitely planned mod is to add towing (found a ton of good info on this). The 5200 lb capability was a big (huge) selling point on the Traverse vs. other vehicles I was considering. And a Go Rhino hitch step (polished stainless steel), for when it's not towing.

Mods I'm considering:
- Remote start (winter is coming, warmed up vehicle will be nice).
- GM anthracite running boards (rocker panel fascia is pretty scuffed up on both sides).
- Maybe a bull bar on the front... Wish I could see one in person and decide if I like it or not.
- If I go with the front bull bar, then I'm torn between the anthracite running boards, or nerf-style boards to match the bull bar and hitch step.
- Roof rack and cross rails.
- 3rd row speaker mod (piggy-back off 2nd row speakers).

When it's time to do brakes, maybe a brake upgrade, like the Z23 package from Power Stop. Brakes feel a little spongy on it, may do a brake fluid flush over the winter and see if that changes the feel.

So that's pretty much it, for now. Wanting to get back into town so I can start driving it again. ;D

· Registered
53 Posts
Oh yeah, and fixed the drivers headrest.

I had read on here that the buttons were always on the left. But on mine, the buttons were facing each other. (passenger headrest button was on the left, but driver headrest button was on the right...)

Then on the test drive I found that the headrest would not stay up. And it seemed to be leaned back a little more than the passenger headrest.

After some examination of both headrests off the vehicle, and putting them side by side, I figured it out. Someone had "cranked" the headrest bars a half-turn. Since the bars have an offset to them, this is what caused the headrest to sit back a little further. But the bars don't lock in that position, because the slit in the bar, up inside the headrest, does not face the locking pin anymore.

So I cranked them another half-turn, and this got them to locking again. (p.s. they would only crank in one direction) And the ratcheting forward and back began to work as usual. And the button was on the correct (left) side, when I inserted the headrest correctly into the seat.

The original half-crank "fix" probably worked great for someone shorter (by placing the headrest a little further to the rear), but it caused the bottom of the headrest to sit against my shoulders and backbone, since it wouldn't stay up, and that was not comfortable for me.

· Registered
31 Posts
admin said:

Admin...............WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO ASK A QUESTION ON HERE???

· Registered
2 Posts
I a having trouble with my used 2009 Chevy Traverse. When I went for a test drive I noticed a shimmy in the steering wheel. I asked the dealer when the last time the tires were balanced and rotated. He showed me the service ticket and was two months previous. Since I have purchased the vehicle in the last 30 days of ownership I have had the vehicle in for balance job twice. This last time the tech and I noticed a "wiggle" in the front end both felt in drivers side and passenger side. He changed the tow end and said the wiggle was less evident. I drove it home and the steering was worse and is hard to navigate around corners. Please help! I enjoy this car but feel I have a lemon! What should the tech have done? Thank you!

· Registered
880 Posts
Sorry you're having front end issues. You don't specify mileage or whether service records were available at the time of purchase. But your vehicle could need other front end work (tie rods, ball joints, control arm and sway bar bushings, steering stabilizers, etc.) that tire balancing and wheel alignment (toe-in, caster, thrust angle, etc.) just won't correct. And, if I may, these issues on a car with high mileage don't make it a lemon.

Let's be honest here--you purchased a vehicle that is nine model years old. Any vehicle that old and with (presumably) 120,000+ miles on it will likely have similar issues (if not worse). The parts mentioned above aren't serviceable--they just wear out...on any vehicle. The previous owner likely traded it in because of these sorts of expensive, mounting issues. Now, I suppose your selling dealer could be a bit more helpful, but you didn't say whether or not the car was under any kind of dealer warranty when you bought it. If no warranty was in effect, you will likely have to absorb repair costs moving forward.

This is probably no consolation for you, but we just spent $2500 for tires, front and rear brakes (did myself), front struts and rear shocks (did myself), four wheel alignment, and all 100,000 mile scheduled maintenance. And that still doesn't guarantee we won't have additional repairs in the near future.

I know this is a difficult situation for you and it will probably get expensive. I hope you are able to get things sorted out quickly, to your satisfaction, and as inexpensive as possible.

· Registered
880 Posts
Lorili1 said:
This car has 85,000 miles.
Low miles considering the age of the vehicle and that's unfortunate since things aren't quite right. Still, the previous owner could have abused or not properly cared for the vehicle and why they traded it off. Maintenance records might be revealing if they are available. Any chance this vehicle was involved in an accident?

Any warranty through the selling dealer? At this point, that's your only hope for recourse on them.

· Registered
4 Posts
No code shows on compter but 2010 traverse will not start

I have a 2010 traverse only 60,000 miles, pulled up on carport turned off went in. When I came back out to leave it would not start. Have had it hooked to 2 different computers and no code shows up... any ideas of what it could be. thanks

· Registered
109 Posts
I bought in Dec. a 2015 LTZ with 28k miles. Love the car for it's versatility and quiet ride. The salesman assured me that it could tow 5200 lbs but like so many others I found that it didn't have the tow package. I've added a hitch, wiring and tow haul switch. While I don't plan on towing anything over 2k pounds, I will be adding a trany cooler. I also added a set of running boards from carid so my wife and 97 year old mother in law can get in the car easier.

· Registered
4,256 Posts
Re: No code shows on compter but 2010 traverse will not start

jj2010 said:
I have a 2010 traverse only 60,000 miles, pulled up on carport turned off went in. When I came back out to leave it would not start. Have had it hooked to 2 different computers and no code shows up... any ideas of what it could be. thanks
If it's the original battery, I'd start there.

· Registered
12,208 Posts
Re: No code shows on compter but 2010 traverse will not start

jj2010 said:
being a 2010-
batt was probably made in 2009.
It may possibly be the factory battery.
so- could be as simple as a dead battery... which gave no indication of its coming death.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hey all, just joined up. My wife and I just bought our first traverse its a 2013 LTZ with 39k miles. Deep red in color and all the bells and whistles. Looking forward to hanging out in here and will upload some pics when I get to my home laptop..

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey Everyone!

My name is Mike. I'm from Maryland. Traded in my 2009 Sierra 1500 with transmission issues for a 2014 LS less than a week ago. I wasn't completely sold on it when I bought it, but have completely fallen in love with it. It's the first SUV i've owned - 4 trucks and 1 car in the past. I have a few mods i'm looking to do and on the look out for some other mods or interesting things other owners are doing. I can't wait for the adventures to come!!

321 - 340 of 372 Posts