Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 361 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey current and future Chevy Traverse owners! Welcome to what we hope to be the place on the Internet for everything Traverse. Here, you'll find forums, picture galleries, polls and more for newest GM Lambda Crossover Utility Vehicle. As an Acadia owner myself, I plan to be an active forum participant and always around to keep things fresh and up-to-date.

As always, the standard rules apply - Try to keep posts on-topic, keep flame wars to a minimum, no racial or disrespectful comments.

If there is something we can do to make this site better, please don't hesitate to let us know. After all, the members are what it's all about. Let's make this a great community for all Traverse fans!

Thanks, and welcome to Traverseforum.com!
Admin

·
Registered
9 Posts
admin said:
Hey current and future Chevy Traverse owners! Welcome to what we hope to be the place on the Internet for everything Traverse. Here, you'll find forums, picture galleries, polls and more for newest GM Lambda Crossover Utility Vehicle. As an Acadia owner myself, I plan to be an active forum participant and always around to keep things fresh and up-to-date.

As always, the standard rules apply - Try to keep posts on-topic, keep flame wars to a minimum, no racial or disrespectful comments.

If there is something we can do to make this site better, please don't hesitate to let us know. After all, the members are what it's all about. Let's make this a great community for all Traverse fans!

Admin
Thanks!! I am an Acadia owner and live on the Acadia Forum. I look forward to seeing what comes of this one!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
GAR said:
admin said:

Admin
Thanks!! I am an Acadia owner and live on the Acadia Forum. I look forward to seeing what comes of this one!!!

Hopefully, this site will be as good, or even better, than the GMC Acadia site! The new & prospective Chevy owners will undoubtedly bring more insight into this great vehicle platform. Let the magic begin!!

By the way, I'm the 12th member of this new forum!!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome guys! If the official unveiling of the Traverse does happen next week at the chicago auto show, I think we'll start seeing a lot of interest in this vehicle quickly. Those of us who already own an Acadia, Enclave or Outlook already know how great the platform is. I'm happy to see them create a lower entry price so more people can enjoy such a terrific crossover.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you join, please feel free to introduce yourself here in this thread. Maybe give us a little info on who you are, where you are and if you are a Lambda owner or plan on buying a Traverse. And again, welcome to traverseforum.com!

·
Registered
110 Posts
admin said:
When you join, please feel free to introduce yourself here in this thread. Maybe give us a little info on who you are, where you are and if you are a Lambda owner or plan on buying a Traverse. And again, welcome to traverseforum.com!
I am 30 years old, I lie in Westmoreland County, about 30 minutes east of Pittsburgh. I have a wife and two dogs. I have no kids but plan on having some soon so they too can enjoy the Traverse. We bought the Traverse because we travel to my parents' and my in-law's camps a lot all year long and they are both a two hour drive from home and we needed a bigger car to transport the dogs and beer to and from each one. Well, the beer never seems to make the trip back home, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Onelove,

Welcome, We just got back from camping with our Traverse. It did great, held all our gear and had room, but we did have to put the third row down to fit. We have the 2nd captains chairs and one kid. He still had room.

v/R

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi I just got a 2009 Traverse and can anyone help me program my LG 8100 cell phone for bluetooth hands free. I also have a
On Star phone but it says you can have both. Thanks Jerry

·
Registered
161 Posts
WhoaDog -- When you get a chance, go to the "Buying and Leasing" section: 'Prices paid for Traverse' and drop your specs on us.
We always like to see what trim level you got, how much you paid, color, etc. etc.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to Traverseforum.com guys! We're glad you've joined us and hope you enjoy your visit. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to make this site more useful to you.

admin

·
Registered
1 Posts
admin said:

Admin
My husband and I just purchased the Traverse about 10 days ago after 6 grueling weeks of car shopping. I am so pleased with my purchase, I just try and think of new errands to run so I can drive it. I have a 4 year old and a 7 month old and with 2 car seats, our Graco 'battle wagon' Travel System Stroller, and all other things preschool / baby that I have to carry ~ this was the perfect fit for us. I love all the features of my 1LT ~ it came with everything I wanted (and then some) all standard. I haven't quite figured out all the gadetry yet, but I'm reading the manual (yes, for the first time in my life, I'm reading a car manual becuase it has more bells and whistles than anything I have ever seen). I love the hands free phone - via onstar and Verizon Wireless - so that is a little about us...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sorry I did not see this sooner Jerry the mirrors flex under reverse pressure on all Traverses. I think there are 3 recall/ bulletins.

·
Registered
158 Posts
New Traverse owner from the former home of the Traverse...Spring Hill, TN. Am an avid Chevy fan and have had 4 Avalanches and extremely active on the Avalanche forums. My wife and I both have driven Avalanches for the last 5 years. With 3 kids growing bigger everyday, the Avalanche, while an extremely versatile vehicle, no longer served appropriately for my wife. Today, we traded her 2006 Avalanche in on a 2010 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ. Wanted to get one of the last Traverses built in my hometown so pulled the plug today. Got in on the $1500 rebate, plus the $1000 Private Offer I received this past weekend from the General, then was able to use my GM Card Cash. All this AFTER talking the dealer down to invoice. While the wife is excited with her new Traverse, tears streamed down her cheeks leaving her Avalanche behind. I still have a 2008 Chevrolet Avalanche with the Majestic Hx4 conversion so, when she feels the need to drive a truck again, she can just drive mine.

Sorry for the long winded introduction and pics will be posted very soon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am new in this forum. We went and got a new FWD 09 2LT in September last year with leather, 2nd row captain, dvd, dual sunroof, remote start and rear view camera. I think I got a pretty good deal.

First the dealer gave me 0% 72 months, one week later the they realized that they made a mistake in giving me the 72 months. GMAC refused to accept the deal. The finance guy from the dealer called me and played hardball. He said if I dont come back and sign the new contract for 60 months, then they will report the vehicle as stolen !!. He really pissed me off, and I told him to **** off. Then the dealership owner called me next day, apologized for that good for nothing arrogant finance guy. He requested me to come and sign a new GMAC contract for 0% 60 months and he gave me a $2,000 addl discount of last week's purchase price to sign the new contract.

So far I am perfectly happy with its look and performance. Last week when it snowed around 2 feet in Long Island, I took it out; still with lots of snow on the roads. It gives great stability and traction.

1 - 20 of 361 Posts