Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone else has any complaints about the build/quality of the WeatherTech Digital fit floormats?

I just got mine (all 3 rows) this week and was VERY disappointed in the quality/thickness of the mats. First of I thought they'd be rubber but they are plastic...I don't carewhat the website clains, they ARE PLASTIC! Then they slide all over the place and I'll have to use velcro throughout the car to stabilize them...very disappointing. They came folded in the box (folded plastic...not good) so a few areas do not stay down onto the floor and flap around a bit.

Maybe I've been spoiled by the OEM rubber mats in my Avalanche, nice thick, rubber they'll never wear out. Plus they are a lot cheaper than WeatherTech

They don't even use the factory fastening system to hold the mats into place: Whoever designed these mats could have made them great by using the fasteners to stabilize them but noooooooooooo!

Needless to say never again...and if you have a choice steer clear, go OEM, they may be plain-jane but the quality is Outstanding!

WHen I called to complain they said no one has ever complained to them about this...

Anyway after seeing them in magazines for years I assumed these were very well built, kinda upscale mats and I was just disappointed to get these thin plasticy mats. Anyone else notice this or am I alone here???

·
Registered
312 Posts
That's particularly disappointing to hear given the "Made in America" flag waving the CEO of WT does in their print ads which are seen in virtually every car mag issued.

I hope your bad experience with their products is not typical.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really do hope it's just me but I really can't see how...looks like ther just took the factory mats and removed the carpet, left the plastic backing...they are that thin!

·
Registered
465 Posts
I was going to get their All weather rubber mats in the second /thrid row, they cover over the rails the seats slide like the OEM ones, the digtial mats leave the rails exposed.

If haved had the digital mats before with very little problems with fit , they fit into the plastic retainers in the floor and never had the front ones move at all :eyebrow:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have had a set for the front seats for about a year now, and have no complaints.

I am very happy with them. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I have had Weather techs in my S10, then I bought some for my TrailBlazer and have now had my WT's for my Traverse for a year plus. mine are rubber, are very thick.

Bob

·
Registered
324 Posts
I was a little put off by the material when I first got them, but they fit like a glove and have never moved. I put some generic floor mats on top of them to absorb any water and to keep my shoes from squeaking on the liner material. The main thing (I think) is that it's a liner more than a floor mat. I'd like to see weatherTech cover them with mouse fur. The driver's side has since curled a little, and raised a bit along the door edge.

As mentioned above, the second row liner for the bench seat leaves a LOT more of the floor exposed than the stock mats. I love the liner for the cargo area (mine is the one that covers the whole area with the third row folded down).

·
Registered
115 Posts
We had a set of Floorliners on our 08 Enclave that we just traded. Loved them since they caught everything. We have another set onorder for our 11 and this time we included the second row version, which we did not have on the last one. I'll report back on my opinion.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The driver's side has since curled a little, and raised a bit along the door edge.

SAME HERE...otherwise i like them.....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
odypilots said:
I was a little put off by the material when I first got them, but they fit like a glove and have never moved. I put some generic floor mats on top of them to absorb any water and to keep my shoes from squeaking on the liner material. The main thing (I think) is that it's a liner more than a floor mat. I'd like to see weatherTech cover them with mouse fur. The driver's side has since curled a little, and raised a bit along the door edge.

As mentioned above, the second row liner for the bench seat leaves a LOT more of the floor exposed than the stock mats. I love the liner for the cargo area (mine is the one that covers the whole area with the third row folded down).
Good to know. And to be fair, yes the front mats do use the factory retainer but the 2nd/3rd row does not which is surprising given that it covers so much space. Could be that I am just used to the carpet pardigm and not used to having plastic laying on the floor of my car...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have them (digital fit weahtertechs) throughout my 2011, including the rear cargo tray. IMO they fit fine and do not slide around at all. Maybe the original poster got a bad batch of resin or something. If it were me I'd contact Weathertech, I'm curious to see how they handle it. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too ordered the WeatherTech digital fit 2nd/3rd row. For the prcie, i am very disappointed in the product received. They are not thick rubber (that would hold itself down), as I had expected. They appear and feel to be a very cheap, punched out plastic. The material has a stiffness to it that prevents it from laying flat. I ended up using industrial grade velcro in strategic places. You also cannot use the retaining clips with it.

The product has negatively affected me to the point that I have hesitated on buying anything else from WeatherTech. I would gladly have paid twice as much for a thick rubber material that fit the same area. As it is now, I feel ripped off.

Verdict : Cannot recommmend.

k.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
odyssyus said:
I too ordered the WeatherTech digital fit 2nd/3rd row. For the prcie, i am very disappointed in the product received. They are not thick rubber (that would hold itself down), as I had expected. They appear and feel to be a very cheap, punched out plastic. The material has a stiffness to it that prevents it from laying flat. I ended up using industrial grade velcro in strategic places. You also cannot use the retaining clips with it.

The product has negatively affected me to the point that I have hesitated on buying anything else from WeatherTech. I would gladly have paid twice as much for a thick rubber material that fit the same area. As it is now, I feel ripped off.

Verdict : Cannot recommmend.

k.
Marketing...

·
Registered
38 Posts
i ordered the husky liners for our 2010 first and second row and in order to slide the second row or have it function like it should you have to cut about half the liner away (has a cut guide line where to trim) was hoping the weathertechs were better.

any trimming needed on them?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JJNTJ2003 said:
i ordered the husky liners for our 2010 first and second row and in order to slide the second row or have it function like it should you have to cut about half the liner away (has a cut guide line where to trim) was hoping the weathertechs were better.

any trimming needed on them?
ON trimming needed, the fit is actually quite good, if you can get them to stop sliding (mine anyway).

I just put velcro on them today. After I complained to the company they sent me 5' of velcro. The girl denied that this has been a complaint in the past, yet she told me that they keep velcro around and send it out for free when customers request it... so why would a customer request velcro...hmmmm

All they have to do as the other poster above noted is to make them heavier/thicker and put the little studs on the bottom so they don't slide...

·
Registered
38 Posts
kgriner said:
ON trimming needed, the fit is actually quite good, if you can get them to stop sliding (mine anyway).

I just put velcro on them today. After I complained to the company they sent me 5' of velcro. The girl denied that this has been a complaint in the past, yet she told me that they keep velcro around and send it out for free when customers request it... so why would a customer request velcro...hmmmm

All they have to do as the other poster above noted is to make them heavier/thicker and put the little studs on the bottom so they don't slide...
the huskys are light but have sharp little spikes on bottom (that will rip skin trust me) so no slippage just not sure about all the trimming.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I ordered the Chevrolet brand rubber mats for front. It fits and feels fantastic - and the dealership charged me about 58 bucks, total. And it has 'TRAVERSE' embossed so neatly on the mat. Looks great, and I can't recommend it enough.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
silverfish said:
I ordered the Chevrolet brand rubber mats for front. It fits and feels fantastic - and the dealership charged me about 58 bucks, total. And it has 'TRAVERSE' embossed so neatly on the mat. Looks great, and I can't recommend it enough.
I should have ordered the entire OEM set...If I had it to do over again I would... OEM mats are hard to beat!!! enjoy em.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
rows 2-3 still suck even after more than a week, they are just not deep or heavy enough to hold onto the anatomy of the floor. They also are flapping around, especisall the flap that goes benith the 2nd row cargo seats arrrrgh! I hate that... and I constantly have to straighten them...the kids even hate them.

On the other hand the fronts just arrived today and they seem to stay in place although they STILL do not utilize the factory fasteners; that really pisses me off, just being cheap not including a system to fasten them to the floor, even though the box indicated that they do.

My final verdict, try Husky or OEM rubber mats!

·
Premium Member
2,043 Posts
Does anyone have the prices of the OEM winter mats? I will ask my Canadian dealer this week, but I'm sure they are cheaper in the USA. If someone can post the price, then I can compare.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 38 Posts