Traverse Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 and the fluid stopped coming out one day all of a sudden. The only other issue before that was that the factory remote starter quit on me too. How can I effectively troubleshoot this. The washer fluid obvious steps were taken like
- fuse under hood
-debis cleaned Fromm front and rear sprayers
-and I can hear relay ( presumably) clicking under glove box

In regards to remote starter
-checked inline fuses to battery
- disconnected battery and got 2 remote starts until resetting became futile.

Advice?

Ps engine light on but I do not have code reader so... no code

· Registered
381 Posts
Bleujays13 said:
Ps engine light on but I do not have code reader so... no code
Remote from the factory is disabled with a check engine light. If you can't read the codes, some auto parts store will depending on location, etc.

Washer pump is at the front driver side wheel well....hear anything up there?

· Registered
12,203 Posts
GM factory remote start- is disabled when the check engine light is on.---- pretty much a safety feature.

Youll have to open the wheel well liner in the front to access the washer pump.
you can get to them easily when you pull back the liner

· Registered
3 Posts
I just want to add to this thread that a common problem of rear washer fluid not pumping is the hose being kinked around the air cleaner. When the dealer replaces your air filter and incorrectly put the cover back on, they can mistakenly kink the rear washer hose (easy to do, not well designed). It happened to me and I saw this on the enclave forum. Check your hose around the air cleaner housing and make sure it is not crimped/kinked etc before looking into the pump.

· Registered
166 Posts
My washer fluid seems to not be working. My wife noticed a few weeks ago that the fluid barely came out of the nozzles on the hood. Then, yesterday in the 1st snowfall of the season, she said nothing is coming out. I found out about all of this after she had already gotten home. Would have been good info to know a few weeks ago when the weather was nicer!

Have not checked fuses or lines yet, but would this be covered under warranty if the pump has failed? 2012 with 78,000 miles.

· Registered
166 Posts
Found the problem......installer error.

Yes, I should have paid more attention when changing the air filter, but these should be routed a lil better in my opinion.

· Registered
12,203 Posts
there is actually a service bulletin about this..... and I posted about it a while back-- to watch for this exact issue when replacing your filter.

· Registered
12,203 Posts
On 2007-2011 Acadia, 2007-2010 OUTLOOK, 2008-2011 Enclave, and 2009-2011 Traverse models, it is possible for the washer hose assembly to become misrouted or trapped between the air cleaner cover and lower housing after air cleaner inspection or air cleaner element replacement. This may cause the washer hose to be pinched by the housing and damaged. (Fig. 7, A)
When reassembling the air cleaner cover to the lower housing, ensure the windshield washer hose clip is secured to the cover and the hoses are routed properly before tightening the air cleaner cover screws.

· Registered
166 Posts
Ha, that's what that clip attaches to! Mine is a 2012, so I suppose the same still applies. Either way, just pay attention with what you're doing. Or maybe someday in the future I'll re-route the houses. If I do, I'll be sure to post up what I did, and how I did it.

· Registered
45 Posts
dforsman said:
I just want to add to this thread that a common problem of rear washer fluid not pumping is the hose being kinked around the air cleaner. When the dealer replaces your air filter and incorrectly put the cover back on, they can mistakenly kink the rear washer hose (easy to do, not well designed). It happened to me and I saw this on the enclave forum. Check your hose around the air cleaner housing and make sure it is not crimped/kinked etc before looking into the pump.
I know this is an old thread but this just saved me from a few hours of taking it back to the dealership to troubleshoot.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

· Registered
538 Posts
I didn't even know what that hose was for! Good to know.
I just always made sure It didn't get caught between the air box cover during reassembly and put the clip back in place.

· Registered
2 Posts
January of 2023 and this thread saved my day. The hose was pinched by the air cleaner. It was such an easy fix. Thank you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts