Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So - you may have noticed from my signature that I have a VW Passat and my wife drives a Traverse. Before the Traverse we had never purchased an American car...our accord was built in Ohio, but I won't open that can of worms.

Anyway - I was in for an oil change and I saw the new Camaro...a work of art. Anyone else seen it yet? I would kill to get my hands on one, but I just can't justify it with the newer Passat sitting in the driveway.

Anyone else in the same boat as me? Maybe we can start a support group.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I cant wait to get one too, but I am going to wait a few years for them to work the bugs out. Also, maybe by then they'll offer a Z28. :banana:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yes the dealer by me has a yellow V6 (just like the one in the transformers movie), and a blue fully loaded 427 ($43K). Looks really sweet. If they had 4 door models, I'd be in trouble. But since they're 2 door I'm out. Can't go back to a 2 door with 2 kids.

I have yet to buy a non GM brand car in my 22 years of car ownership. Have not had any reason to buy foreign... However, I was close to the Camry Hybrid during the $4 / gallon gas days. But even then, it was only cuz the friggen thing gets like 45 mpg.

Looking forward to the chevy Volt if it ever ships.

-Joe

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
camaros are nice.
some of you will cringe at the sight of this...
brand new 2010 Camaro SS. I think the guy had it less than 20 hrs.
Then hes rear ended by a teen with no license.
Also---- GM will be having a limited edition Camaro- just like the one in Transformers movie. (colors, stripes,etc... I think even transformer badging on the inside).

·
Registered
113 Posts
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looks like the back seat would have survived, so that's good. How fast was the impact?

Joe

·
Registered
27 Posts
didn't anybody learn from the last gas spike??? if you really have to have it.... keep the VW..... your gonna need it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gibby - looks like our tastes are pretty similar in cars/motorcycles :thumb:

Zac - I average about 6900 miles per year on my Passat so gas @ 4/gal really wasn't a huge crunch for me. Plus my Passat has a high compression turbo engine (factory) and requires 91 octane - though Im averaging 26mpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
well what's wrong with the Turbo Passat? more vehicles should be 'charged! tons of fun to drive. i have a Subaru in the driveway that the wife and i love. great little car. i wouldn't own the Traverse if i didn't need the space ( and the Audi Q7 TDI was not currently available and just out of my reach.... and lacking in the cooled seats! ). the cost of fuel is one thing, so the overall saving between fewer gallons of 91 versus more 87 is not really the issue. it has to do with consuming LESS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts