Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The HUD is a hit with Chevy (first on Corvette and now rumored on Camaro.) Since the Acadia has a HUD like the Corvette, I hope I can get one as an option when I order my Traverse.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I hate to disappoint, but it appears that HUD will not be an option for the 2009 Traverse. It seems odd to me that HUD would remain GMC exclusive since GM usually gives Chevys that feature, but that appears to be the case for now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since the wife insists on having the HUD, we are now forced to pay a higher price to buy a GMC Acadia. You lost us, Chevy.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think it is all about brand differentiation. Chevy will supposedly be the lower end model of the Lambda's so from a marketing perspective I think it makes total sense to keep some options exclusive to certain brands.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The HUD is definitely cool, but I don't know that it would deter me from buying a car I really wanted. But everyone has different priorities on what are "must have" options are and what aren't. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
BillyF said:
Since the wife insists on having the HUD, we are now forced to pay a higher price to buy a GMC Acadia. You lost us, Chevy.
I'm guessing GM won't be too upset if you buy an Acadia instead of a Traverse. ;D

·
Registered
28 Posts
No the only one that will be pissed will be the local Chevy dealer. I have shopped yukon vs. tahoe in the past and even though those guys are all under the same GM umbrella they have fairly fierce rivalry in my neck of the woods. I agree with Admin that this would never be a showstopper for me but in Billy F's defense if the spouse is involved all bets are off. ;D

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm actually right there with BillyF that it would be a deciding factor for me. When I bought my Acadia I thought it was kind of neat and not that expensive so I got it. After having it, my wife and I would not be without it because the steering wheel blocks our view of the regular speedometer. If we were deciding among the 4 Lambdas we would still choose the Acadia, unless there was some feature of the Traverse that was even more compelling than the HUD.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It is a cool option, I had this on a 1996 Pontiac Bonneville.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts