Traverse Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my Traverse October of 2021 it was built in the beginning of March and sat in a lot in Michigan. Finally made it to a ready for ship status in April and it has not changed since. Now it is 3 months later and still waiting to be shipped. After the traverse was built it showed up on the dealers website for about a week then it disappeared and it has not shown up again. I contacted GM and they were little help as they just tell me it’s waiting to ship. Does anyone know what is going on?

SavePreviewCancel

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered our 2022 Traverse in August of 2021. We are still waiting, it was built in March, it says ready to be shipped. We have been told by our dealer that the lot it is residing in is “congested” and the shipping company can’t physically get to it because it is blocked by other vehicles. The dealer has no awareness of a timeline. I have started the process of contacting GM as of yesterday.

·
Registered
2022 Chevy Traverse RS
39 Posts
Not sure where you guys are located that are waiting on yours but if anyone would would like to pm me, we’re getting ready to trade ours in. Would be open to selling if anyone is interested. 2022 RS that we bought in December of 2021. Very well maintained with only 3200 miles on it.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Not sure where you guys are located that are waiting on yours but if anyone would would like to pm me, we’re getting ready to trade ours in. Would be open to selling if anyone is interested. 2022 RS that we bought in December of 2021. Very well maintained with only 3200 miles on it.
Why are you getting rid of it already?

·
Registered
2022 High Country "Pending Dispatch" in Waterford
20 Posts
Ordered ours last September, it was built in April, shipped to the Waterford/Summit lot. There it sits. I have multiple calls in with Jack Cooper, the GM "Executive team", and the company that supposedly manages that lot. Nobody has any info about when it will ship out, just that its 'pending'. Nobody can tell me why it got 'stuck' there, if its 'blocked in', or why it can' be shipped or picked up by the dealer (we are local). No timeline, no estimates.

Really no info at all other than "its on the list", we will 'escalate' the case, etc. No action just more waiting.

·
Registered
20 Posts
last Thursday ours was moved from the Waterford lot (google "Summit Place Mall") to the rail yard across the street from the plant (google 7916 Davis Hwy, Charlotte, MI 48813 ). It was supposed to go to one of the lots in Flint, and nobody knows why this happened, how long it will be in its current lot, or anything.

The fact that it moved is a good sign I suppose.

We just got a notice of an emissions recall today, and we don't even have it......

·
Registered
20 Posts
The shipping process is too unpredictable to be relied upon. You should buy one off the lot.

Based on my experience so far, GM is 100% committed to NOT fixing this.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
1,098 Posts
You can go on Chevy's website and do a search. It will show on lot vehicles and in transit ones.
That's how I located my '20 High Country in the color we wanted back then. Did that with a '07 Mustang GT also back then as Ford also had that feature.
I've been contemplating a Silverado pickup and been browsing online.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
13 Posts
A year ago when the wife bought her Equinox, the guy that worked with us busted his tail located the type car she wanted. They don't seem to do that now.
A lot of dealerships won’t trade what they have to another dealership anymore especially with all the dealer markups at least in my area. I ran into one dealership that was saying a car was sold but was still advertising it available for weeks and wouldn’t trade it to my dealership. So it was either sold and were using it to try to get more sells or were lying about it being sold and didn’t want to trade. It worked out in the end as I love the Blazer I ended up with. In my area it started toward the end of 2021 and hasn’t gotten any better.

·
Registered
20 Posts
factory tow package was 450 I think. Not sure if there is a dealer installed equivalent, or aftermarket. I'd stick with the factory one if possible.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
How much is the tow package add-on? I am hearing bracket, hitch, different radiator and fan are needed.
Tow package on the Gen 1's was $650. So far as I am aware, I don't believe that has changed for Gen 2.

See my comments on DIY prices in Post #16 here:

PM me your email address if you want a bunch of info on putting it on yourself.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts