Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI - I have a 2016 Traverse with the My-link DVD and for the last few weeks the voice command used to call a phone contact has not worked. It either replies with VOICE COMMAND NOT UNDERSTOOD" or it attempts to decipher the name as a numeric number. All other radio & Onstar commands all work properly. The dealer had no idea what would cause it. I disconnected the battery, re synced my phone, and deleted all personal info from the radio. No luck.

I poked around and found a link from anther forum that suggested a phone contact in my phone (android) had an emoji in the contact name. Sure enough, I had two contacts that had emojis. I deleted those contacts and the voice command feature came back immediately upon starting up the car and the phone auto syncing. I have no idea how those contacts got into my phone (my kids likely) but it might work for someone else.

·
Registered
11,353 Posts
excellent find!
thanks for that info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
FYI - I have a 2016 Traverse with the My-link DVD and for the last few weeks the voice command used to call a phone contact has not worked. It either replies with VOICE COMMAND NOT UNDERSTOOD" or it attempts to decipher the name as a numeric number. All other radio & Onstar commands all work properly. The dealer had no idea what would cause it. I disconnected the battery, re synced my phone, and deleted all personal info from the radio. No luck.

I poked around and found a link from anther forum that suggested a phone contact in my phone (android) had an emoji in the contact name. Sure enough, I had two contacts that had emojis. I deleted those contacts and the voice command feature came back immediately upon starting up the car and the phone auto syncing. I have no idea how those contacts got into my phone (my kids likely) but it might work for someone else.
Hallelujah you posted this!!! I’ve been trying for three months to fix this problem, with no success. I did everything you did and even spoke with a Chevy dealership. The amount of time I have researched this is amazing. When you mentioned the emoji, I immediately remembered I had gained my two nieces contact info that had emoji’s on them. Bingo, problem resolved in less than a minute. Thank you so much!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts

Excellent, Thank You for sharing problem fixed! Praise God!(y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts