Traverse Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Traverse 2LT used with 8,000 miles on it. It was a "fleet" vehicle I purchased from a Chevy dealership. All the sales literature and advertisement claimed that it had Bluetooth. I took it in today for a recall and talked with the service manager and asked them to help with pairing my phone to the bluetooth as I was not able to get it to respond when I said "bluetooth" over and over and over again.

The service department then ran a VIN search and could not find that bluetooth was ever installed onto my vehicle. It is the 2LT with the backup camera, dual zone controls etc. Basically, I'm OK with it not being in the car as I don't have it in my truck either so am comfortable with other hands free devises, but I'm also interested in getting remote start for the car, and am curious what anyone thinks I might be able to negotiate a value of the bluetooth for.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Re: Bluetooth enabling and/or value of Bluetooth

You did not specify the model year of your vehicle; I assume it is 2010. The 2010 Traverse order guide shows RPO PDD Personal Connectivity Package as available with 2LT, but not included as part of 2LT. The PDD package includes Bluetooth for phone, remote vehicle start with extended range, and garage door opener.

·
Registered
126 Posts

laws are changing in different States each year not to have a hand held to your ear while driving. I had one put in mine. It cost the dealer some bucks but much better than the portable unit I use in my other cars.

·
Registered
11,430 Posts

vette is correct....
for 2010- the only way to get Bluetooth on the 2LT-- was with the Connectivity package.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Correct, it is a 2010 and does not have the Personal Connective package. Any idea on how much this costs? I'm looking to negotiate with the GM dealer as their advertisement had this, and I'm looking to get a discount on the remote start package they quoted me at $500. I just would like to know a starting point.

·
Registered
126 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts

Most Fleet Traverses I've seen have had the XM radio and Bluetooth deleted. Some even do not have Onstar.

I add a PARROT MKi9100 to my LS traverse as it didn't come with Bluetooth.

They also make a plug and play adapter for it HFVT HF-GM-TH3-AMK Adapter for Parrot Handsfree Kits (2006-2009 GM New Body Style Non-Amplified ) Videos & Comments.

The only issues is there is no real usable switched power source under the dash as it uses a LANBUS system to power everything on and off.

So cutting into the power lines under the dash could cause issues.

There is a unused switched fuse under the hood fuse box but you have to run a power line back into the cab.

If the dealer advertised it push them to add it fro free and even suggest the Parrot.

This happened to someone else on the board and that is what the dealer did.

·
Registered
11,430 Posts

aperlet said:
Correct, it is a 2010 and does not have the Personal Connective package. Any idea on how much this costs?
The Personnal Connectivity package- is a $340 option on the 2010's.

on the 2011's its also $340 option ($299 invoice price).

·
Registered
312 Posts

aperlet - You mentioned you don't have bluetooth in your other vehicle and you have other hands-free devices. I, also, have 4 or 5 bluetooth devices with no charge in their batteries because I don't need them anymore with bluetooth installed in my Traverse. I also have a couple of phone cords I can talk hands-free with. Again, I don't need them anymore.

I'm not one of those guys who EVER had a phone conversation in a restaurant, store, place of business, family gathering, or church while wearing a Star Trek-looking bud device sticking out of my ear. For me, the only reason for bluetooth was for use while I was doing something that required more attention than salting mashed potatoes or picking out new socks: in other words, driving a car.

If you have the option to get bluetooth in your car, I recommend it highly. The only drawback, if there is one, is that passengers in your car can hear both ends of your conversation when it's being piped in through the speaker system. But, if they hear something they shouldn't have, you're in an ideal position to threaten them into everlasting silence as long as you've got them locked safely inside. 8)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Blue tooth?

How and whats needed to add blue tooth to 2009 traverse? My wife wants it in her traverse. Anybody add it?

TOPIC MERGED WITH EXISTING DISCUSSION[/color]

A

·
0 Posts
Re: Blue tooth?

Oops :-\

I guess I should have read the notes section; sorry about that

·
Registered
1,779 Posts

I installed a Parrot MKi9100 Bluetooth hands-free system in my Ls and it works great.

You can also get a HFVT HF-GM-TH3-AMK Adapter for Parrot Handsfree Kits (2006-2009 GM New Body Style Non-Amplified) or HFVT HF-GM-AMP-1 Adapter for Parrot Handsfree Car Kits (GM, Select Vehicles with Bose). If you change to the other models of the Parrot the adapters may change.

It's makes installation plug and play but you do need to run in a accessory wire in from the fuse panel as it's hard to find a good one under the dash and you risk blowing out the LANBUS system trying to find one.

Phone rings stereo shuts down and the system uses you car speakers. It also lets you use your Ipod and sub and RCA in inputs.

I actually modified this harness to install my amplifier as well.

A

·
0 Posts

BigBlueTraverse said:
I installed a Parrot MKi9100 Bluetooth hands-free system in my Ls and it works great.

You can also get a HFVT HF-GM-TH3-AMK Adapter for Parrot Handsfree Kits (2006-2009 GM New Body Style Non-Amplified) or HFVT HF-GM-AMP-1 Adapter for Parrot Handsfree Car Kits (GM, Select Vehicles with Bose). If you change to the other models of the Parrot the adapters may change.

It's makes installation plug and play but you do need to run in a accessory wire in from the fuse panel as it's hard to find a good one under the dash and you risk blowing out the LANBUS system trying to find one.

Phone rings stereo shuts down and the system uses you car speakers. It also lets you use your Ipod and sub and RCA in inputs.

I actually modified this harness to install my amplifier as well.
Do you have a link to their site?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
The info is on www.parrot.com but I found the best price on Ebay.
Just search the web with the harness part Numbers HF-GM-TH3-AMK or HF-GM-AMP-1 They are different suppliers.
I went with Canadian companies and Ebay seller at the time as exchange was bad at that time.

I would assume you will go with US vendors.

The Bluetooth is badly marked up in stores in my opinion. I save over $200 buying it form a high volume ebay power seller.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just picked up my Traverse yesterday and when I was getting my "welcome" to onstar I went ahead and purchased the promo minutes, I forgot that afterwards with bluetooth, we really dont need the onstar minutes....oh well we will use them since it was 300 minutes for 9.00 dollars 8)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts