Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Traverse owners - I have 2018 and just couple days ago, I tried to "copy" (maybe burn) couple of songs on an USB stick and plugged into the cars one (all three) desingated "data - or - charging" USB ports.. Nothing.. After pressing all possible settings etc, still says "NO DEVICE"

HAs anyone experienced something similar?

And ofcourse, just out of warranty!

Thank you for any suggestions!

Btw, brand new USB, FAT32 format, three "*mp3" songs, so nothing weird , according to the Infotainment Manual".

Thank you

·
Registered
134 Posts
The correct term is COPY. Burn is for a CD :)
Did you try it with another USB stick? They could be bad out of the package. Reformat the USB with your computer and try again. Yes FAT32 is the correct format.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The correct term is COPY. Burn is for a CD :)
Did you try it with another USB stick? They could be bad out of the package. Reformat the USB with your computer and try again. Yes FAT32 is the correct format.
Thanks for reply, no, but I tried this stick either in NTFS format (and two/three mp3 songs copied to it), and also the exFAT format - ONLY two that is possible to format this stick to! But, it played ok in several other "USB"devices around house.. I also tried to force-format (start button right click-run-type "format [drive letter] : fat32" and waited till 100%, but still wants me to format.. Something weird. And the manual says "it accepts NTFS and FAT32 supported file systems". I may have to find another stick. Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually THANK YOU and never mind, found about 3-year old YT video where in comments folks mentioned that USB 3.0 does NOT work, and I tried one of my old USB 2.0 sticks, and it is fine, it works great.. They should tell you that in the manual!! Shame on GM.. HAHA!!! cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts