Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I recently purchased a 2010 Chevrolet Traverse LT. It has the stock radio; Bose, touch-screen, navigation, and the rear-seat controls with DVD player. It says in the manual that there is supposed to be a USB port in the center console, for hooking up an iPod. I have checked the center console, the dash compartment, and the glove compartment, and I cannot find a USB port anywhere.

I talked to 2 dealers who say that it should have one, based on the system in place. Would it be easy to install one myself? Is there a spot for it on the back of the radio that I can tap into? All I want is to be able to control my iPod through my steering wheel controls. USB is only 4 connections, therefore it should be a really simple install. Please advise. Thank you.

Demetri

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Dont have an answer- but try looking through this thread....

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
My 2011 2LT had rear seat DVD system. It had USB's in the dash-top storage and in the radio itself. The one "in the console" was actually behind the console, below the rear heat controls with the 12V power outlet and the 110VAC outlet.

BTW: The early Gen 1's apparently had a lack of a solid (unswitched) ground on the USB's so they would always start at the top of the songs when the vehicle was restarted. There's a thread somewhere about adding the ground.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I believe the answer is in rbarrios' link

We had a '10 Traveler's edition with the Nav/DVD. I think the rumor was GM had a bunch of those units without USB's leftover and wanted to get rid of them so they offered them as an option. Our '10 did not have a USB port either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. That "rumor" makes sense, though. I mean, why else would they not include a USB port on a 2010? With all the other bells and whistles? And apparently it isn't easy to add one -- you have to buy an equivalent head unit that is "USB-ready". I pulled out the radio and verified that there's no USB port on the back, Dealership can't add one either. What gives? Lol 😄🤔

The USB functionality is very important to me. I like how new cars allow you to plug it in, and have it integrated into the radio, so you can control it via your steering wheel. It's dangerous to fiddle with an iPod on the highway.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
2009-2010 was a sort of transition year for USB and Bluetooth.
I remember for 2010- USB was not really something that came with the car- unless you got a special item- like a fancier radio.
Same thing for Bluetooth. It was not standard. If I remember correctly, Bluetooth came in a bundle..... the communications package I believe. Bluetooth, garage door opener, and remote start I Believe was the 'package'.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts