Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to the forum, I just picked up my new 1LT AWD last month and so far its been great, except for a problem with the USB connection to my iphone. I can live with it not charging my iphone which i know is some kind of compatibility problem that GM and apple need to work out, but I'm getting a static or crackling sound when listening to music. When I use the AUX port it sounds fine, but when I plug it into the USB I might get a minute or two with no problems but then it starts to sound pretty bad. And its strange because if i unplug the iphone and plug it back in it will sound fine again for a few minutes then the crackling sound will return and it gets progressively worse. I thought it was my iphone but then i tried two others (ipod nano and itouch) and it did the exact same thing. I also tried two different cables. So i pretty much know it has to be the vehicles USB port. When i brought it to the dealer they said it was a loose connection under the console and they fixed it, it worked while at the dealer but then on the way home it started again, so I doubt the dealer actually did anything. Is anybody else experiencing this problem?

·
Registered
11,435 Posts
how about cleaning the contacts?
maybe dust buildup?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried that already and since it happens with three different iPods I figure it must be the car

·
Registered
248 Posts
:) I would keep taking it back to the dealer. Tell them to change out the head unit if they have to. I use my IPOD all the time and never have a problem, if it dose it with other IPOD’s then there is something wrong

8) Steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I just bought a new Traverse last week, and am having the exact same problem. I am planning to bring it in today to find out exactly what is wrong. I will update. I give the dealer about a 20% chance of diagnosing and fixing the problem on the first go, so, if you figure this out, please post how you were able to resolve.

Also,

I am not sure if this is related, but I have bought both the Scosche and Griffin adapters to try gain the ability to charge my iphone, and have had no luck. It seems that with or without one of these adapters, my iphone thinks it is charging for the first minute or so, then stops, and the drain begins.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have used the USB connection on multiple vehicles at the dealership with no problems. I would take it into service and make sure they hear the problem, even if it means leaving them my IPOD so they can verify the problem. Many may want to believe that they can't get problems like this fixed easily but often they don't get fixed the first go around as the issue does not have obvious solutions, unfortunately patience is sometimes needed and most always rewarded ;)

·
Registered
248 Posts
:thumb: Ditto

8) Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts