Traverse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade my radio in my 2012 traverse ltz. Currently have the factory radio but looking for something pretty much plug and play. Want something I can still use the DVD player and navigation as well as the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Try Crutchfield.com. The website allows you to enter in your vehicle and options, and then shows you some choices. You might even just use the site to give you ideas if you want to buy somewhere else.
I did actually buy a head unit for a different vehicle at Crutchfield, and it was great. I also bought the wiring harness made specifically for my vehicle. You will want a harness - I was doing a 2008 and I couldn't believe how many different wires run back there. Usually they have a separate harness to let you keep your steering wheel controls. It was almost plug and play - I had one question, and the phone support was quick and specific.

Another option is go to a stereo place and have them do the install for you. That of course would be a little more expensive than DIY.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I 2nd Crutchfield. I bought everything that we needed for our 09 traverse. They had the gmos lan, axxes steering wheel controls, and even had the ready made wiring harness. It was plug and play. The Kenwood I got even had the backk up camera function as well. It wasn't too expensive either. I think it was close to $450 for everything.

They will send every piece of documentation as well. There phone tech support is awesome.
Good luck
Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts